Thread: Swap wildfowling / punt gunning for stalking experience in Essex / Suffolk / Norfolk

Swap wildfowling / punt gunning for stalking experience in Essex / Suffolk / Norfolk

Hello,
    I'm pretty new to this forum but have been dipping in and out for a while now whilst learning as much as I can, but thought it was now time to sign up!
    I'm an avid wildfowler and punt gunner and have been for the past near 20 years, but I've always wanted to try deer stalking. I've recently attended "an introduction to deer stalking" course and have been on a couple of stalks, and now have the bug, BADLY and want to learn as much as I can!

So, I thought I'd see if there was anyone in Essex, Suffolk or Norfolk that would like to do a swap! I have access to some of the best wildfowling Essex has to offer which can produce some excellent sport and bags, and whilst it doesn't appeal to all I have a full double punt and gun which I'd be more than willing to take someone out in.

So, be it shoulder gunning on the saltings or afloat in a punt, would anybody be willing to swap some stalking experience for some wildfowling (when the season arrives)

I'm keen to learn so looking for guidance and the opportunity to do so!

Regards to everyone that takes the time to read!
    Ian

Welcome Ian from a retired Wildfowler and Punter.Wf1

I have a vet pal in Germany who would love the chance of punt gunning he has roe and boar to swap, my single punt is lying in my back garden unused and my double 8 is resting in the safe as Bavaria has no waters to use them on.

Quote Originally Posted by Punt Gunner View Post
    Hello,
    I'm pretty new to this forum but have been dipping in and out for a while now whilst learning as much as I can, but thought it was now time to sign up!
    I'm an avid wildfowler and punt gunner and have been for the past near 20 years, but I've always wanted to try deer stalking. I've recently attended "an introduction to deer stalking" course and have been on a couple of stalks, and now have the bug, BADLY and want to learn as much as I can!

So, I thought I'd see if there was anyone in Essex, Suffolk or Norfolk that would like to do a swap! I have access to some of the best wildfowling Essex has to offer which can produce some excellent sport and bags, and whilst it doesn't appeal to all I have a full double punt and gun which I'd be more than willing to take someone out in.

So, be it shoulder gunning on the saltings or afloat in a punt, would anybody be willing to swap some stalking experience for some wildfowling (when the season arrives)

I'm keen to learn so looking for guidance and the opportunity to do so!

Regards to everyone that takes the time to read!
    Ian
    Ian,

Before you make any other offers or posts PLEASE make an introduction as per site rules. This would have been flagged up when you joined the site, so there really is no excuse, and this has been in place since we took the site over some 7 years ago.

Please attend to it.

Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Sincerest apologies, now attended to.

Thanks to those that have responded and sent me PMs. I will revert back shortly!

No problem, thank you for the prompt response. I wish you every success in your new venture into deer stalking, and hope you get a positive response to your request.

Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Hi Ian,

I have always been keen on punt gunning even if to experience it just the once, twice I have been through all the motions and boat in the water but the weather was against us both times and never got out. Due to ill health of the puntgunnner I have not had the chance since.So if you can stretch to travel as far as Bedfordshire I am sure we could find a deer or two for you!

kind regards

Jason