Thread: Rifle slip/drag bag alternative.

Rifle slip/drag bag alternative.

I Have been looking around for other types of bag that don't appear obvious that you are carrying a firearm.

I have been thinking about snow board bags etc, does anyone else have any suggestions? Or have a bag that doesn't look like it has a rifle inside that you would recommend?

cheers

I used to use a fishing rod bag for my air rifles, with a little extra padding between the guns. Had loads of pockets too for all those other little "essentials".

We aways carry the firearms in slips now though, as it is much easier to explain a gun in a gun slip than if it is hidden if you get stopped.

There's always a guitar case.....

Regards

Mark

A hardshell rectangular guitar case like an SKB ( or Fender, Gretsch, Guild, Fender - with the logos on ), will work by just changing out the interior foam. But many rifles will be too long. Nicer leather or canvas and leather cases are not what most people would associate with a firearm.

But a real drag bag is something made to tie around your ankle and drag behind you as you belly crawl towards your target. And they look very much like a gun case ( RUC340, Eberlestock, Rothco ).

I have a plain black fabric rectangular case. No-one bats an eyelid on the train... It also has the odd soft drinks sticker on it. People don't see what they're not expecting to see. But the best plan is a gun that fits in a rucksack, like a broken down shotgun or a takedown rifle. Then you're just a bloke with a rucksack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I have a plain black fabric rectangular case. No-one bats an eyelid on the train... It also has the odd soft drinks sticker on it. People don't see what they're not expecting to see. But the best plan is a gun that fits in a rucksack, like a broken down shotgun or a takedown rifle. Then you're just a bloke with a rucksack.
    Dare I say it, like a bbbbbbbbbBlaser?

I've used a keyboard case for a number of years filled with foam etc. very similar to this one.
    http://www.dv247.com/cases/soundwear...rd-bag--202368