Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban Deer seen taking a Dip !

Urban Deer seen taking a Dip !

Couple of pic's taking by a local lad at our local beauty spot. The Roe deer population to the best of my knowledge are not managed in any shape or form. Nothing too un-usual about Deer taking to water, however simply because the local Deer appear to have little fear of beast or man, they are relatively blasť and behave far differently as you would expect from the wilder brethren just a little further north out in the sticks. Aside from the rising RTA's, I cant help thinking with the ever growing Roe population there's trouble brewing for the near future. I bet I'm not alone with the irony of spending a full day on our "Ground" with some time's only perhaps a fleeting glimpse of a Deer, to come home take the dog out for a run of an evening and its like "Woburn Abbey" out the back, Ha!! the look My Dog some times "Shoot's" at me, if only he could talk Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water buck 1.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	69576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water buck 2.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	601.8 KB 
ID:	69577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water bucks.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	325.0 KB 
ID:	69578

Great pic,s I am told we have one swims across the river near us most mornings.

Really good pics of deer activity not often witnessed

Great pics

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Nice pictures

Very good pic's. Quite strange but many years ago the record British head was shot in a two acre piece of woodland surrounded by houses.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by The fourth Horseman View Post
    Very good pic's. Quite strange but many years ago the record British head was shot in a two acre piece of woodland surrounded by houses.
    Interesting fact, the deer do appear to be heavy bodied and healthy, aside from the abundance of "Good Grub" I'm also guessing they are far less stressed!! some of the local ones I've witnessed if they were any more chilled out then they appear they would fall over

Appears to be a bit of rivalry there ,maybe explain why one has taken to the water persude by the other .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	69760Had this happen whilst I was playing a salmon in Scotland last year..... Now what are the chances of that???!!!!