Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski z4i problem

Swarovski z4i problem

hi the illumination on my z4i is on the blink so to speak, it is only showing a very faint red dot with no adjustment. i put in a new battery about a month ago so its not a battery problem.
    does anyone know what the problem could be before i send it backto swarovski. thanks

Hi,
    Providing the battery contacts are clean and the battery is in the right way I would personally try another battery. I have been caught out before by new batteries that have been flat.
    Hope you get it sorted.
    Paul

When you say "with no adjustment", do you mean that when you try and turn up the intensity, nothing happens and the red dot just stays faint?

I have no idea how long the batteries last...I rarely turn it on and have only changed the battery once in 5 years and it was a second hand scope so no knowledge about the battery condition when I bought it.

Certainly a new battery would be the simplest and cheapest first check to make.

Any chance you could have left it on by mistake sometime over the month?

Alan

If it is faulty I believe you would have to pay for Swaro to repair it as electrical isn't covered by there lifetime warranty

but I could be wrong and they could just repair it FOC

Quote Originally Posted by Pothunter View Post
    When you say "with no adjustment", do you mean that when you try and turn up the intensity, nothing happens and the red dot just stays faint?
    yes thats what i was trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    I have no idea how long the batteries last...I rarely turn it on and have only changed the battery once in 5 years and it was a second hand scope so no knowledge about the battery condition when I bought it.

Certainly a new battery would be the simplest and cheapest first check to make.

Any chance you could have left it on by mistake sometime over the month?

Alan
    doubt its the battery, iwill clean the contact points and see how it goes.thanks

Send it of to swarovski for a service they may do it free of charge if not I doubt they will charge much.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

i just cleaned the brass contacts where the battery sits and that sorted it

oops spoke to soon, doubt its back to swarovski on tuesday. whenever you adjust the brightness it goes down to almost nothing then it wont go back up