Dead Roebuck

TheOldGamey

A friend came to my house last week, to show me a roebuck head, he found dead in a field, not far from Perth.
It was a monster, and I know my photographs don't do it justice. The whisky bottle, is there as a scale to show you the size of the coronets, which is the same size as the bottle. It has been dead since last year, and well dried, and weighing in now at just over 710grms.
He would have been an impressive beast when alive, or even in velvet.

Attachments

• DSCN6038.jpg
    DSCN6038.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 605
  • DSCN6036.jpg
    DSCN6036.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 480
  • DSCN6034.jpg
    DSCN6034.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 480
That is a very heavy looking head. What a shame to find it dead, would have looked stunning alive. Hopefully it will have added to the surrounding population of Roe during the rut.

Stunning get it mounted and put up some more pictures. Lets hope he spread his genes.

D

Looks like an amazing head. ... would it be classed as a Ballie head? If so it would not score the same as regular trophies?

Looks like an amazing head. ... would it be classed as a Ballie head? If so it would not score the same as regular trophies?

There is no thickening of the skull anywhere, so i guess it wouldnt be classed as a Ballie head.

Wonderfully head by the way.

Moose

Bill - might have to pop over and have a look at that one. It's larger than the one I found at Neil's a couple of years ago - I'll bring photos and the score sheet for comparison.
Dave

Back