Prize bull!

josh

This beast just sold for R6 Million (approx £600,000)

PRIZEBULL.jpg

I've worked with bulls many years ago. I'm not going to Volunteer to trim that one hooves.

Guys,

And none of us are trophy hunters......

Despite what WE tell ourselves, size isn't........

I don't find Wildebeest or Buffalo "bosses" as attractive trophies. I like the curve, the twist or even deformity of a horn/antler.

I want something that reminds me of the moment that is personal to me, not the "mine is bigger than yours". We ain't Yankees, don't have the space.

I went into the Italian Bakery in South Cave on Monday morning with John Robson at 0900 after five hours following Does, in hope. We got fine artisan bread with bacon & sausage in and had conversation with another patron who was enquiring about our weird (cammo) clothing.

We convinced her of our passion and then went outside to have our breakfast. That Italian baker was in there at 0400 and would be there until 1700. We took pleasure in his "work" and though I have no physical trophy it is a memory, and a place I will choose to go again.

Stan

Holy Cow !!!!!!!!!! Where did you get a photo of the mother-in-law from ! I might be prepared to pay that much if you take her

:coat:

South Africa and bought at a game auction I wouldnt mind betting. Its canned if this is the case.

Why oh why would anyone want to pay that for a Cape Buffalo. Tanzania produces good heads, and wild Buff at that. Or go to Zambia or at a push Zimbabwe, you will get a Buff hunt for about $7000 to $8000 and this is a week and the trophy fee on a good Buff, fair chase in the wilds no fences.

Shot my Buff in Zimbabwe on tribal lands, no fences and up close and personal, not out of a truck in a fenced area.

Rant over Sikamalc

Might be a breeding bull, but it will still be on a fenced area, and after its done the job they will sell it as a trophy to be shot. If its SA Buffalo have to be TB free to be moved from one game reserve to another and to take a Cape Buffalo in SA the trophy fee cost is horrendous. Or at least it was a few years back.

Sikamalc

Back