Thread: Pulsar xd75

Pulsar xd75

Hi guys I'm thinking on getting a new xd75 pulsar scope just wondered if eny 1 had eny feed back on the and had held and used 1

It's a superb bit of kit, follow our link for videos. We also have a great video on our facebook page detailing all the functions and controls.

http://shop.drewslab.co.uk/thermal-w...xd75&results=1

Ye it looks excellent and I youse a xd50 spotter and iv held a Xd75 but I spoke to a mate that had een and it wouldn't hold zero but give pulsar theare due they replaced it with in days what's the biggest Calaber you have had it on ?

The Apex XD75 performs very well IME. Easy to zero, keeps zero, and shows you all you need to see for as far as its reasonable to shoot at night. The Rovicom thermal sight offers better performance but at considerably greater cost.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Nice I shoot a starlight longbow the now but thinking on thermal just for the fact of picking up foxes in rashes have u shot it in trees ? Do u strudel to see branches with it ?

Have a look at the WTI 75-3 Dedicated - Shop
    More magnification and can resolve smaller objects than the Pulsar and not much difference in price

Cheers

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    Have a look at the WTI 75-3 Dedicated - Shop
    More magnification and can resolve smaller objects than the Pulsar and not much difference in price

Cheers

Bruce
    Must say Bruce it looks good, have you had eyes on yet or seen any footage?

I haven't seen those before. Made in China, I think. Any idea what the back-up/warranty is like?
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFace View Post
    Must say Bruce it looks good, have you had eyes on yet or seen any footage?
    Before the Night Vision Store started selling them (Starlight also sell them, but their price is higher) I bought one direct from the manufacturer in China and have been using it for around 6 months.
    Actually I bought the 75-6 with the 640x480 sensor.
    It has performed flawlessly and I've shot over 50 foxes with it at ranges up to 260 yard.
    Comparing the 75-3 with the Pulsar Apex XD75,
    The 75-3 uses a 388x284 sensor with 17 micron pixels, the XD75 uses a 388 x 284 sensor with 25micron pixels
    The smaller pixels mean a physically smaller sensor which, combined with the same 75mm lens produces higher magnification
    The XD has a basic magnification of x3, and a x2 digital zoom giving a max magnification of x6
    The 75-3 has a basic magnification of x6 with x2 and x4 digital zoom giving a maximum magnification of x24
    The smaller pixels also mean that the 75-3 can resolve smaller objects than the XD75
    If you imagine the field of view of each scope at 100 metres being divided up into a grid of 384 x 288 boxes, then the horizontal size of each box would be 33.3mm for the XD75 and 22.5mm for the 75-3
    The 75-3 also uses a higher resolution OLED near eye display (800 600) compared to 640x480 in the XD75
    The objective lens in both scopes is 75mm, but the 75-3 has an f1/0 lens compared to f1.4 in the XD75 - basically that means double the heat radiation passes through the lens of the 75-3 compared to the XD75
    Having said all that, the 75-3 does not have the XD75's PIP feature, nor it's one shot zero feature. The 75-3 also only has one reticle style
    Warranty on the 75-3 is 3 years
    Discussion and more pics here WT1 series thermal rifle scopes - www.nightvisionforumuk.com

Cheers

Bruce