Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Follow up report on rifle build from Jager SA

Follow up report on rifle build from Jager SA

Hi bfolks it been a while since I've posted but I thought it was worth a follow up report on a rifle that James Clark of Jager SA built for me last year.
    I had spec'ed it as a "one rifle does all" in 6.5x47 and So far it accounted for red, Roe, fox and vermin with a bit of paper too.
    I did a change of powder to varget on recommendation.

Hope you like the results....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160501_192902.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	69732

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    DMD

you could have tried a bit harder to get them on the shoot and see target mate...

nice going bud.

not seen the rifle but as I am semi packing in don't tempt me.

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Coated a rifle and scope for me, excellent job would recommend his work to anybody

Bob, it has been a joy to shoot in all circumstances, and it is still bringing home the goods at night and day, plus a bit of distance shooting with confidence - as you can see 0.7" @ 250 yards in the rain and decent side wind gives you confidence in your tools.
    Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    unhelpful and heckling replies from the usual old women
    Enough said really. When will some people learn..................

That aside I would be seriously upset with groups that size had I not noticed they were 250yds not 100![/QUOTE]

It has performed better (sub half inch @ 250 yards) at that distance and more but it being an all rounder given a calmer day in the field, but I'm still happy. It gives confidence at needed longer shots on the hill for example.

very impressive, zero vertical spread at 250y and negligable wind drift in 12-18mph gusting winds. that is amazing.

Seeing as this is my thread, I feel i should add on a tuppence worth.....
    In the world of Full Time rifle smiths in the uk (which there isn't that many of), we have to wait, some people are over the 2 year mark to pay for the build. In the end it's worth it (for me anyway). The results speak for themselves given the weather and distance.

The chap who is lucky enough to have a rebarrel done (I presume but someone correct me )at not his expense and to his specification, I would go for something not mainstream but something completely different. The reality is that the smith giving away such a freeby would end up with a reamer and gauges he would only use the once at his expense over the barrel cost too....

Anyway, if there was t & c's given to the winner, they should be discussed here equally.
    Last edited by dropmdead; 03-05-2016 at 13:54. Reason: Bad spelling

No I was referring to the original post on the 6.5x47.
    Ok
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

No I was referring to the original post on the 6.5x47.
    Ok
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)