Thread: Tikka M595 trigger

Tikka M595 trigger

What's the best option for upgrading or getting the best from the existing mechanism on a Tikka M595 ?

There is a small Allen headed screw in the front of the trigger unit you can get access to when you remove the stock. You can unscrew this until it just touches the larger screw that fixes the trigger unit to the action and it should drop the pull to a couple of pounds, I did on my recently acquired 222 (on the instructions of my local gunsmith).

Alternatively you can send it to the likes of Callum Ferguson (other gunsmiths/ gun plumbers are available) and get them to fettle it, like it did many moons ago with my 243. The trigger pull for the 243 is around a pound and a half.

Obviously you need to check the rifle is safe if you do your own adjustments - so I ensured it would not 'fire' when I shut the bolt briskly, pulled trigger when safety on or dunted the butt of the rifle on the deck (careful choice of surface ensured no damage to stock).

You won't need a new trigger unit, just a wee bit of adjustment.

My 222 trigger is ok, but not as good as the 243. I might source a suitable person to polish it now I have tried the easy fix (went from 3.5lbs to 2lbs).

Best of luck, and be careful/sensible,

hh

Cheers hh. I've had a fiddle with the screw as mentioned, as I have done with my Sako,and they are at the limits of my intervention and reasonably light. However, I was wondering about going further, fettling and aftermarket units or parts. If professional fettling is the answer then so be it.

Cheers
    Malc

A good gunsmith is all that's needed, in my experience. I would hope that you'll get some recommendations from folk who've had similar work done.

Cheers,

Alan

Fit a new trigger spring from UK Gunworks - it will bring the trigger pull down to less than a pound - be careful!!
    UK Gunworks - Custom Rifle Builders

Cheers

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    Fit a new trigger spring from UK Gunworks - it will bring the trigger pull down to less than a pound - be careful!!
    UK Gunworks - Custom Rifle Builders
    Cheers Bruce, I may just treat masel !