Waterproof trousers!

Danger Mouse

HELP!
All I want is a pair of water proof trousers, todate I have bought Larksen, Seeland and Jahti Jaht as well as a few lesser known makes from epay etc, but alas to date they all let water in, Jackets are no problem but try as I might I just can't get a pair of trousers to do what they say on the tin. What have you got that keep the water out? I need them to be quiet and water proof.. not to much to ask is it?
Yours damply DM. :(

Andy

They have to be goretex in my opinion - I have a couple of pairs and whilst lying in wet grass you feel the cold they don't let the wet through - they are expensive though, got my pairs thru John Norris sales - Beretta and Laksen

Tony

try looking at country covers in devon, i have had a couple of pairs which i paid for and they have never let me down yet, and it gets better because work now kit me out with there kit so happy days it now comes free to me. 1 problem i have found with them if the weather is hot so are you legs, but apart from that i cant knock them.they are more expensive direct, they do a deal at the gamefairs.

I have Deerhunter Real tree kit, it comes with a waterproof removable liner, I find them very good.

TJ

try looking at country covers in devon, i have had a couple of pairs which i paid for and they have never let me down yet, and it gets better because work now kit me out with there kit so happy days it now comes free to me. 1 problem i have found with them if the weather is hot so are you legs, but apart from that i cant knock them.they are more expensive direct, they do a deal at the gamefairs.

Second the country covers but they same as Artkis, which the MOD use...amogst others.

DM,
I bought a pair of Nommad Breeks in plus 3s, and been out in all weathers "up here we tend to experience the lot".:rolleyes: And they have never let water in, in any kind of fashion :smug:

Atb,

Moe..

Danger Mouse, I have a good pair unfortunatley they are not 40 inch waist so wont fit you:stir:
if my wife makes another balls up and buys the wrong size I'll let you know.:D

i have deerhunter they are great,but i like army light weights or mole skins for stalking...:Dpot of tent waterproofing and your good to go!!! and the best of it is when i rip them on a fence etc (i always seem to!!) ime not as bothered, as i would be with a £300 harkila

Dangermouse,

Do you have problems with your previous trousers "standing in the shower" or once you make "prolonged" contact on a wet surface, aka. crawling/kneeling on a sodden surface ?

Most products will handle the former. They're designed to keep the H2O on the surface (whilst still letting the material to pass warm water vapour out). Contact compression causes the wick process to start. Multiple layers can help by providing a soft outer and a "solid" inner but then you effectively have a wetsuit.

Stan

Thanks for the replies lads, Stan, no just walking I get wet legs! Anyhow, I've enough to trawl through here and again thanks for the replies.. :D

Dangermouse,

What is your definition of wet legs?

I can walk through morning corn and have my LWT sodden within two minutes but I wouldn't class that as wet legs, at this time of year:)

Five minutes outside the corn and my legs are dry and the LWT are drying because of the heat being radiated from me.

Wear a pair of waterproofs at this time of year and you get wet from the inside.

Stan

DM,
I bought a pair of Nommad Breeks in plus 3s, and been out in all weathers "up here we tend to experience the lot".:rolleyes: And they have never let water in, in any kind of fashion :smug:

Atb,

Moe..

I second these! Waterproof and very warm! Too warm for summer!:(

wot is wrong with a pair of £8 regatta over trousers or likes of???
they come in a range of colours and lets be honest they will tolerate most of the cover/terrain that any average guy stalks in
and no problem about the noise effect , unless you are a sub 30 yard triggger puller;)
or are they just not fashionable:D

they come in a range of colours and lets be honest they will tolerate most of the cover/terrain that any average guy stalks in
and no problem about the noise effect , unless you are a sub 30 yard triggger puller;)
£8 i like it!!! cheaper than my pot of tent waterproof for my army lightweights!:tiphat:

I have had a pair of Keela Munro Salopettes for the last ten years and still going strong and absolutley bomb proof and use them for everthing from sailing, mountaineering, skiing and stalking. OK they are black rather than camoflaged but have never found that an issue when crawling after hinds in the winter. The other good thing is they are completely zip on - you can put then on even if you have skis on your feet, so no need to take boots etc on and off. In winter in the Scottish hills, will have them in my pack if going up hill fast - ie when you are producing a lot of heat, but then put them on when you get onto the tops and then you stay toasty warm for the rest of the day. Being a salopette they also keep your lower back / kiddney warm and dry.

http://www.keela.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=191

One word mate, brambles!

Back