Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFDs.

RFDs.

Perhaps it is just me descending ever more deeply into grumpy old s*dness but what is it with RFDs?

Over the past week or so I have emailed and phoned people about rifles I am interested in and they can't be bothered to email back or answer the phone. Do they make so much money that customer service doesn't matter?

David.

I did exactly the same the last two seasons,enquired about two different 75,s and a tikka,,,,,still had no replys,,,,,,,touch wood everything this season has been smooth running,
    DONT START

...I was in a well known shop up North enquiring about a rifle and the guy said 'oh, that reminds me I need to phone the supplier ' so I stood there as he made a note in his book and waited for him to ask for my details, which he didn't so I spent my money elsewhere, Twats honestly
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

Depending where you live, there may be only one gun shop within reasonable travelling distance. Unlike many things, you can't buy (at least as easily anyway) guns and ammunition over the internet. So many RFD's think they have a captive audience and to a great extent, that is true. You also seem to get a few "characters" in the trade.

I like to patronize my local RFD, it's mutually beneficial, but if he gave bad service, ignored me or generally was incompetent (he isn't any of those), then frankly that patronization would only go so far.

last one i phoned quoted me 74quid for a 20 box of norma i wasn,t quick enough too say i don,t want them too make a necklace,they are for shooting,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 04-05-2016 at 18:09.
    DONT START

Kalahari what are you looking for, my local RFD is good I have had 3 guns of him. Just a satisfied customer

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    last one i phoned quoted me 74quid for a 20 box of norma i wasn,t quick enough too say i don,t want them too make a necklace,they are for shooting,
    Maybe his wife's name is Norma.

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    Kalahari what are you looking for, my local RFD is good I have had 3 guns of him. Just a satisfied customer

Thanks for this. Who are they?

Just an additional moan, one sees stuff on the sites like guntrader and others there are firearms advertised with no information or pictures just make calibre and price. Surely if you have paid for the ad, things like barrel length, cut for mod or not, generally useful stuff of this sort would help to sell it.

David.

My local "posh" gunshop you get the impression that they're really not interested. Asking for ammunition is like asking them to walk to the factory and collect it in person, and they never have half the stuff they advertise as in stock (or else cant be bothered to look for it).
    Local one man band however has a premises 1/2 the size and a smaller range of everything, but he's friendly, talkative, replies to emails and is sometimes a bit cheaper (probably because he isn't paying staff to ignore his customers and do nothing).
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog