sako finnfire p94s

Ben rodge

Hello people

Does anybody know the dates when sako started making the p94s finnfire hunter so i can age my rifle
Many thanks
Ben

I believe if you email Sako they will tell you when it was made with quite a quick reply

It's not on here

http://www.sako.fi/sites/default/files/SakoOldmodelsNumbering.pdf

Personally I would just be happy to own the best rimfire known to man ;) I know I am :)

Suggest you track down and try out a Mannlicher Zephyer or a genuine Mauser .22 rimfire. Of course there are also some excellent ones made in the US ...................... maybe Cooper Arms!

Now 8x57 how dare you suggest that Sako could improve on one of the designs .................................... shame on you!.. What were you thinking man?

Conure its the one minor fault with the design of an excellent rifle. My good friend is on probably his third. paperclip ejector and keeps a spare one in his shooting bag just in case.

Conure its the one minor fault with the design of an excellent rifle. My good friend is on probably his third. paperclip ejector and keeps a spare one in his shooting bag just in case.

Never having seen a Sako P94 that I am aware of I will take your word for it. Somehow I think you missed the point that my post was a little tongue in cheek. Sorry about that maybe I was being a little subtle.

I did appreciate the subtlety of your comment Conure but I know that certain makes and models are absolutely sacred (totally devoid of fault e.g. 75, 595 and Blaser) and therefore beyond even minor criticism. :lol: I however couldn't resist the temptation to wind up long_range_rob even if it is true.

I'm slightly surprised to hear that Sako haven't addressed this very minor "fault" in the new mark 2 version.

Thank you 8x57.

I had not heard about the problematic Finnfire ejector spring...I have now wasted/spent a happy couple of hours looking up references to it and am now armed with drawings and specifications so I can make my own should it fail.

The paperclip appears to be the problem...someone had success with a remodelled safety pin and someone else with a sewing needle. Me, I have piano wire...

Alan

And there's me using the same paper clip after 10 years of use and 1000's of rounds....must be doing something wrong :confused:

Is this the issue that you cannot unload a live round... I have that with mine. Im using Winchester subs, which it likes.

Is this the issue that you cannot unload a live round... I have that with mine. Im using Winchester subs, which it likes.

Nope! That's just down to a good tight chamber (We all love a tight chamber, eh lads? ;) ) and the round is easily flicked out with a finger nail.

@pinkfoot1, below are the three bits and pieces of information I found back in 2016. Hope they help.

Alan

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14188&d=1379438447, Sako P94s ejector spring

"Use .030 piano wire. If you make one from that you will never need another.

I might have a spare. PM me if you want. I did get mine from Bill Myers.

Jeff,

You have to take it out of the stock. on the left side of the magazine housing you will see a small screw holding the broken end of the other spring.

Take that out and put the new one in. It is pretty obvious how it goes. The part that is bent @90 is what goes under the screw. The rest of the spring heads toward the back of the barrel.

Steve

I just ordered two from Baretta.

Their part # is s3171335.

they are $9.00 each and $5.60 shipping."

Nothing a pair of aero modelling wire benders and a bit of .030 piano wire can’t sort....you could even make your own paper clips?

Got some spares in the drawer if anyone’s desperate.....and easy enough to knock up some more.

Fizz

Huh? Just read back up the posts and can’t see anything from pinkfoot Allan?

Nothing a pair of aero modelling wire benders and a bit of .030 piano wire can’t sort....you could even make your own paper clips?

Got some spares in the drawer if anyone’s desperate.....and easy enough to knock up some more.

Fizz

Huh? Just read back up the posts and can’t see anything from pinkfoot Allan?

@pinkfoot1 sent me a PM asking for the information, but I could not attach the images to a PM reply. So I posted them here in case they would help anyone else and PM-ed him a link...he may respond when he sees it which will confirm that I am not going completely Deolali!

Alan

Last edited:
@pinkfoot1 sent me a PM asking for the information, but I could not attach the images to a PM reply. So I posted them here in case they would help anyone else and PM-ed him a link...he may respond when he sees it which will confirm that I am not going completely Deolali!

Alan
Good morning Alan, no, you are not going doolallitap! I have your information which is much appreciated. If I had paid more attention to the stiff, ratchety bolt I would have seen that somehow the ejector spring had ridden up and was sitting on top of the magazine holder, impinging on the bolt flat.
Your info. will save the need for trial and error in making the replacement(s)

I noticed you looking for 10 round magazines. I have just taken delivery of two from Robin Creffield on here. They are good, take 10 rounds and only need a light rujb with a file to allow the retaining latch to engage.

Regards,
David

Back