Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A German loden clothing and quiet loden/felt stalking kit store

A German loden clothing and quiet loden/felt stalking kit store

I just had their catalogue sent to me in the post and I thought this would give UK stalking folks some diy ideas or even buy something if you want to.
    They are located right on the edge of the Victualienmarkt in Munich Germany and they are both well worth making a visit to if you are in the area.
    Hubertus GmbH
    Martin

I have a hard copy of this rather lavish catalogue & as I've finished with it now I'd be happy to post it to anyone that would like it.

Some lovely stuff, I picked up a nice loden gun slip from Dortmund very light and uses the rifle sling.
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    I just had their catalogue sent to me in the post and I thought this would give UK stalking folks some diy ideas or even buy something if you want to.
    They are located right on the edge of the Victualienmarkt in Munich Germany and they are both well worth making a visit to if you are in the area.
    Hubertus GmbH
    Martin
    Thanks, I popped in there when I was in Munich. I ended up buying one of their hats. I like it but my wife thinks I look like an extra from Shrek.

We stock Jagdhund loden clothing here in the UK, with such mild winters there is not much demand yet. We will stock more as soon as we get colder winters as Loden is as natural as you can get for warmth and breathability

Andrew
    Rugged & Tough

Quote Originally Posted by Rugged & Tough View Post
    We stock Jagdhund loden clothing here in the UK, with such mild winters there is not much demand yet. We will stock more as soon as we get colder winters as Loden is as natural as you can get for warmth and breathability

Andrew
    Rugged & Tough

Do you do any of the rifle covers that utilise the sling and open to allow use of the rifle?

I've got 2 different loden slips like this; one heavy-duty well-padded one & a light-weight one. They're both excellent and all I need to do to bring the (unmoderated) rifle into use is to undo the flap catch with one hand & rotate the rifle off my shoulder by moving the butt forward & the cover just falls off. Not sure that this would work so well with a moderated rifle.
    Last edited by McKenzie; 06-05-2016 at 10:18.

If I had a teckel I'd be getting the roe sack with the teckel pouch!

Quote Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
    I've got 2 different loden slips like this; one heavy-duty well-padded one & a light-weight one. They're both excellent and all I need to do to bring the (unmoderated) rifle into use is to undo the flap catch with one hand & rotate the rifle off my shoulder by moving the butt forward & the cover just falls off. Not sure that this would work so well with a moderated rifle.
    looking for a lightweight one for use with a moderator. Would be very handy in the places that have lots of dog walkers. I counted about 30 one morning!

does yours use magnets to keep the flap shut?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul 600 View Post
    looking for a lightweight one for use with a moderator. Would be very handy in the places that have lots of dog walkers. I counted about 30 one morning!

does yours use magnets to keep the flap shut?
    i'll measure mine and take a photo, it's very handy. It's got a horn tab and fits a R8 with a mod.

WH
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -