Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Last Stalk

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

My Last Stalk

Hi lads,

Lets start with this,

I am not leaving shooting totally but I am now only going to be doing vermin shooting both NV and day shooting with my 2x20 tacticals, no more stalking or long range shooting but I'm happy,

Due to family and work commitments as well as health issues I am winding down
    and to be totally honest I have lost the will to argue with her indoors about shooting coming home in pain and me being a right grumpy old git.

I have been here once before and came back so I know how tempting this will be, so I have arranged to do one final stalk that will be done this week,

surfice to say a big thanks to some lads that have helped me in the last few months the main one is G1963 Steve who is still willing to take me out lamping/NV shooting when I can,

cheers all and keep up the good work,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Shame! Not sure where the Lupus comes in, but one of my first shooting friends from schooldays, lost his wife to it a few years ago. I think he keeps working to take his mind off it perhaps, commuting from Weymouth to London every day, and he'll be 70 this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Shame! Not sure where the Lupus comes in, but one of my first shooting friends from schooldays, lost his wife to it a few years ago. I think he keeps working to take his mind off it perhaps, commuting from Weymouth to London every day, and he'll be 70 this year.
    Hi JTO

Lupus plays a big part in it, but it's not me that has it, it's my wee girl,

i have got my own health issues now, and like most people do we get on with it, but I have been a bit of a old tight fisted git with respect to my shooting and it's not on anymore, I have been gready with my time so it has to stop.

thats it in a nut shell as my dad would say

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Sorry to hear that bob I understand the health thing , the can't walk for miles anymore is frustrating and high seat although still very enjoyable its not the same , when its my time think i'll just pull the pin and get another boat so I am glad your keeping your hand in mate
    amvb
    Paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Sorry to hear that bob I understand the health thing , the can't walk for miles anymore is frustrating and high seat although still very enjoyable its not the same , when its my time think i'll just pull the pin and get another boat so I am glad your keeping your hand in mate
    amvb
    Paul
    hi paul,

you our have hit the nail on the head mate, I think I'll go back to a bit of ham radio and a wee bit of foxing from time to time,

hope we you and the family are ok mate,

regards

bob.

Still fighting the gout/arthritis here men!, no surrender...... from my cold dead hands etc etc��
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Still fighting the gout/arthritis here men!, no surrender...... from my cold dead hands etc etc��
    hi fin,

good man keep it up mate, I have my stalk tomorrow after work, see one shoot it, see nout go home,

bob

we are all cool here mty, chin up fox'g is the next best thing to what married men get less of ??

hope you have a great and memorable last stalk. Regards SBM

Blog Entries
    thank you

Bob.