Thread: Photon XT Mounts

Photon XT Mounts

Just wanted to share that this evening i took my photon xt off and changed to sportsmatch ATP66 mounts on my hmr. What a difference......before i had to use almost all of the builtin adjustment whereas now I have it at zero having used the mount adjustment. If anybody has a photon and struggling with having the crosshairs in a corner of the screen just get the adjustable mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah8217bris View Post
    Just wanted to share that this evening i took my photon xt off and changed to sportsmatch ATP66 mounts on my hmr. What a difference......before i had to use almost all of the builtin adjustment whereas now I have it at zero having used the mount adjustment. If anybody has a photon and struggling with having the crosshairs in a corner of the screen just get the adjustable mounts!
    That's the two-piece mounts. I'm using the one-piece model. Didn't need them until I fitted the doubler.

Yeah the two piece one, i did look at the one piece model but was out of stock when i ordered.

Burris Zee rings with the inserts allow you to adjust windage and elevation up to 20moa.

Thats what i just took off to replace with the atp66 as you get far greater movement in them. I have literally gone from 24 on x axis and 5 on y axis to 0 and 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah8217bris View Post
    Thats what i just took off to replace with the atp66 as you get far greater movement in them. I have literally gone from 24 on x axis and 5 on y axis to 0 and 0.
    Do you also have windage adjustment?

Yes, windage and elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Estudiente View Post
    Do you also have windage adjustment?

The 'x' axis is the windage adjustment.

ive seen these and they look ideal apart from one thing, mines fitted on a weaver rail so I think I'm a little scuppered, I am close to be maxed out on the x axis but its ok for now, the crosshair in the centre doesn't really bother me too much but would be nice to have it central, I guess they don't do them in weaver mounts do they?
    rgds
    craig

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    ive seen these and they look ideal apart from one thing, mines fitted on a weaver rail so I think I'm a little scuppered, I am close to be maxed out on the x axis but its ok for now, the crosshair in the centre doesn't really bother me too much but would be nice to have it central, I guess they don't do them in weaver mounts do they?
    rgds
    craig
    I bought a two-piece set also, but I use the one-piece mount, thinking that both rings move in unison, not putting any strain on the tube, not that it matters if it's not 'optical'.
    Last edited by JTO; 06-05-2016 at 11:22.