Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Photon XT Mounts

  1. #1

    Photon XT Mounts

    Just wanted to share that this evening i took my photon xt off and changed to sportsmatch ATP66 mounts on my hmr. What a difference......before i had to use almost all of the builtin adjustment whereas now I have it at zero having used the mount adjustment. If anybody has a photon and struggling with having the crosshairs in a corner of the screen just get the adjustable mounts!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ah8217bris View Post
    Just wanted to share that this evening i took my photon xt off and changed to sportsmatch ATP66 mounts on my hmr. What a difference......before i had to use almost all of the builtin adjustment whereas now I have it at zero having used the mount adjustment. If anybody has a photon and struggling with having the crosshairs in a corner of the screen just get the adjustable mounts!
    That's the two-piece mounts. I'm using the one-piece model. Didn't need them until I fitted the doubler.

  3. #3
    Yeah the two piece one, i did look at the one piece model but was out of stock when i ordered.

  4. #4
    Burris Zee rings with the inserts allow you to adjust windage and elevation up to 20moa.

  5. #5
    Thats what i just took off to replace with the atp66 as you get far greater movement in them. I have literally gone from 24 on x axis and 5 on y axis to 0 and 0.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ah8217bris View Post
    Thats what i just took off to replace with the atp66 as you get far greater movement in them. I have literally gone from 24 on x axis and 5 on y axis to 0 and 0.
    Do you also have windage adjustment?

  7. #7
    Yes, windage and elevation.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Estudiente View Post
    Do you also have windage adjustment?

    The 'x' axis is the windage adjustment.

  9. #9
    ive seen these and they look ideal apart from one thing, mines fitted on a weaver rail so I think I'm a little scuppered, I am close to be maxed out on the x axis but its ok for now, the crosshair in the centre doesn't really bother me too much but would be nice to have it central, I guess they don't do them in weaver mounts do they?
    rgds
    craig

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    ive seen these and they look ideal apart from one thing, mines fitted on a weaver rail so I think I'm a little scuppered, I am close to be maxed out on the x axis but its ok for now, the crosshair in the centre doesn't really bother me too much but would be nice to have it central, I guess they don't do them in weaver mounts do they?
    rgds
    craig
    I bought a two-piece set also, but I use the one-piece mount, thinking that both rings move in unison, not putting any strain on the tube, not that it matters if it's not 'optical'.
    Last edited by JTO; 06-05-2016 at 11:22.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Photon XT 6.5x50S with mounts.
    By stecad in forum Optics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2016, 11:22
  2. Free Photon XT
    By danban in forum Optics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-02-2016, 11:51
  3. Cz452 photon xt mounts
    By danban in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 22:52
  4. Photon xt
    By david welch in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 14:38
  5. Photon XT
    By Ah8217bris in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2015, 20:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •