Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gillie suits

gillie suits

I now this mite sound a little over the top but I've been thinkng off getting a Gilie suit for both foxsing & a little deer stalking & I was wondering if anyone has on & there thoughts on them

Kevin

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I wouldn't use one for either task, it will catch on everything you touch, your kit will get caught up in it, a nightmare. If you're looking at laying up somewhere, get a hide or a highseat in place, will serve you better and will not constantly Pi** you off.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I saw them being used in a fox and also a roe calling dvd and thought they looked pretty good and was considering the same myself.

There is a jack pyke one that is about 95 rrp however you can get it on ebay for 70 (best offer results from previous sales) and there is also one that looks good from bushwear I think swed team but it is more like 150

If you move things will see you, if you don't they won't. I would forget the ghillie suit if I were you if for no other reason than the way you will look if you are seen by members of the public. It always makes me laugh when you see photos in the magazines of airgunners all realtreed up but with no gloves on. I hardly ever wear any camo these days, if I do its just an old DPM smock or CS95 shirt if its hot. JC

I have used one like the Jack pyke kind I'm not a lover off that kind. this is the kind I was thinking off

I nomly were a camo pance & a jacket. just the other day when I was out my mate said you will be able to see us from the tree line

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    I wouldn't use one for either task, it will catch on everything you touch, your kit will get caught up in it, a nightmare. If you're looking at laying up somewhere, get a hide or a highseat in place, will serve you better and will not constantly Pi** you off.

TJ
    +1. Until deer evolve opposable thumbs and start shooting back there really isn't any need - more trouble than benefit IMHO.

Originally Posted by tartinjock

TJ
    +1. Until deer evolve opposable thumbs and start shooting back there really isn't any need - more trouble than benefit
    IMHO. I'm in full agreement with the above too.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have one of the jack pyke type and have to agree with those that say its a pain. I bought it for summer use as its very light but I cant carry a rifle without the bolt or the bipod getting stuck in it at some point. I guess for use in a stationary position it would be fine though.

As an afterthought, you could probably attract the odd clockwork budgie wearing one of those, haven't seen any in the B.A.S.C. guide to police on shooters & how they may appear.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!