Thread: Haunting fox call

Haunting fox call

I have a fox that keeps making a "haunting call" what's the best call to reply to it, the haunting call I have sounds the same, but it doesn't come in to it or reply to it. Its a howling sorrowful wail sound. deerwarden

Foxes can make all manner of weird sounds - the scientists reckon they have at least 40 different vocalisations. Having said that, I've had the odd individual with what appears to be a unique call - I well remember one that made a noise like the siren on a fire engine! If the fox is not interested in your calls - and I've had to deal with countless ones like it, then you're probably wasting your time as someone else may have made it call-shy or it might just have a different agenda. I'd suggest that instead you simply put some bait down and get it that way.

Here foxy, foxy followed by bang, fizz, wallop

you'll probably find its a vixen calling the dog in for her dinner. I've never heard a dog fox reply, guess they know there place.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    Foxes can make all manner of weird sounds - the scientists reckon they have at least 40 different vocalisations. Having said that, I've had the odd individual with what appears to be a unique call - I well remember one that made a noise like the siren on a fire engine! If the fox is not interested in your calls - and I've had to deal with countless ones like it, then you're probably wasting your time as someone else may have made it call-shy or it might just have a different agenda. I'd suggest that instead you simply put some bait down and get it that way.
    i have been using boilies/old fish bait,

fire them out with a catapult and spread it over a small target area and come back and wait,

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I do the same with my labs kibble, squirt of cod liver oil on them, some with rabbit blood on them, leave to soak in and dry and do the above. Keeps the fox working an area you've seen them. deerwarden

good idea will try that cheers trev