Hares today.....and a rabbit

willie_gunn

Following on from Pine Marten's thread about the stalk in the bluebell wood and seeing hares, I thought I'd post a few photos that I captured of Puss this morning.

Next to deer, hares are my favourite mammals -there are so many superstitions about them and they often seem "other worldly". It doesn't seem to matter what direction they're facing in, in photos they always seem to be looking directly at the camera.

_DJR5210_zps36g8cncv.jpg

_DJR5216_zpslunluix7.jpg

_DJR5223_zpsfchdapmb.jpg

_DJR5234_zps0mrtirvb.jpg

_DJR5237_zpsbtpij71x.jpg

Just to show that I share my favours more widely, here's a rabbit that also popped up from nowhere:

_DJR5183_zpsmumgofrk.jpg

Aren't hares beautiful animals? It must be almost 40 years since I last shot one. The last one we ate was clipped by a car in front & I hated to see it going to waste .

Last edited:
I love hares and will not shoot one, never have and never will do, they're a bit special you know :), as are your photographs Dom.

John

It always gives your heart a test when you almost step on one sitting tight, & last week was set up for foxing off the car roof, when two hares hopped to within three feet of the car,they started off at three hundred in the bino's.

Back