Poaching ???

deerstalker39

May not be as the title suggest but I have my opinions please find pics below of what a pee break in a lay by in dorset found Pm me if you want to know location as some one has a problem
Regards

Attachments

• 20160505_125013.jpg
    20160505_125013.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 472
  • 20160505_125028.jpg
    20160505_125028.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 451
  • 20160505_125046.jpg
    20160505_125046.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 442
I wouldn't have said that was poaching evidence? Looks more like the remains of some home butchery by someone that doesn't have a responsible means to dump the waste. Even took the time to cut the antlers off! All you would find from a poached deer is likely to be the gralloch and maybe a head with a .22LR hole in it! Was there any indication as to where it had been shot - broken ribs etc??

Was it even shot? I've heard that some of the riff-raff have been leaving all sorts of stuff about with the aim of getting the blame put on a certain local family. There are even stories floating around that dogged deer have been left in the roads around Purbeck, still alive, with their legs broken.

Unlikely, as stated by Monkey Spanker above. If I were a poacher, I would try to dispose the remains in a more secluded area and not a layby. Looks like the work of a lazy and inconsiderate imbecile.

I agree that, from my limited knowledge, poaching is a quick gralloch, maybe lower limbs and head off and go. No stacking, putting, placing. Certainly not this neat stack of parts that will have taken someone a few minutes to do.

Tend to agree with Monkey Spanker. IMO Probably shot & home butchered by a FAC holder fairly close to where the remains were found. Inconsiderate dumping location, it should have buried at the least.

It wasn't stacked I placed the lower limbs in that position and regardless poached or not this is totally disgusting behaviour and such people should not have a firearms and obviously have no respect for the countryside or the wildlife within it
I'm sure all will agree with that

It wasn't stacked I placed the lower limbs in that position and regardless poached or not this is totally disgusting behaviour and such people should not have a firearms and obviously have no respect for the countryside or the wildlife within it
I'm sure all will agree with that

Who said they have have a firearms??
These threads where presumptions are made are great

We have experienced an unusual 'variation on a theme' in the Fens this winter. Chinese Water Deer, Muntjac and Roe have been poached using centre-fire firearms. They have been gralloched, heads removed and properly skinned on site. We suspect that the criminals may be dismembering the carcass for concealment and to frustrate identification, if stopped by the police?
We have also had the normal lamp and lurcher brigade, who are much less subtle.

Don't think it's poaching, looks to me as if it's somebody getting rid of the waste. The paper strip looks like the backing of larder tickets.

I would say the poachers tend to leave nothing as they don't want people to know they have been there or you find a whole deer as someone has disturbed them,

If the cops pulled up, think they would me more interested in why you had your c@@@ out in public , rather than a poaching incident!

Actually, it was exactly this sort of left overs that alerted us to a poacher in our local nature reserve a few years ago .... we got him after finding this kind of left over about 3 times (if he'd had half a brain we may never have known he was poaching) and he was caught coming out of the public nature reserve with legally held rifle! Needless to say he no longer has an FAC and I imagine lost his place on the... gamekeepers course he was on at college at the time! Not a potential rocket scientist either methinks.

Back