Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staffordshire Police Firearms.

Staffordshire Police Firearms.

Well done to all in the team, posted ticket for a 1 4 1 on 26th April, returned today!

Brilliant service!

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Well done to all in the team, posted ticket for a 1 4 1 on 26th April, returned today!

Brilliant service!
    Well it will be interesting to see how the renewal that is due end of July with West Mercia goes.

Drop in change of address and variation forms 2 days ago, got told it should be turned around in a matter of days rather than weeks which would be nice.

West Mids / Staffs sent me out temporary permits to possess within a week of submitting my renewal paperwork, current etc. for receipt of a renewal is about three months. so far so good.
    apparently much longer in West Mercia... who were not issuing temporary permits but have been told to do so..

Quote Originally Posted by Bell308 View Post
    so far so good.
    Unless your FAC expires and you are still in possession of S.5 expanding ammo/bullets.

I sent in a variation to Staffs, it took a week or 2 to be contacted, but the first thing out of the FEO's mouth was an apology for the delay.

It's a bit of a different variation to the usual, but he was very happy to have a chat and I don't think that I will be denied it.

By the sounds of it Staffs should give lessons to other constabularies in how to work.

hi Orion, I'm looking forward to the 25th of May when my section 5 expanding ammunition becomes an issue!!!!
    I presume they have asked you to hand yours in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bell308 View Post
    hi Orion, I'm looking forward to the 25th of May when my section 5 expanding ammunition becomes an issue!!!!
    I presume they have asked you to hand yours in?
    Not personally, it didn't get to that stage, although there were other issues including a totally unwarranted partial revocation that had me severely bending the ear of the FLD manager!

Others on here have been given the run around by their FLDs over the S.7 Permit/S.5 ammo issue and even used the fact to good effect in speeding up their renewals once they kicked up about it. Have a look at some of the threads in this section of the forum, including: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...C-SGC-Renewals

Good luck with yours, I hope it doesn't become too much of a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
    I sent in a variation to Staffs, it took a week or 2 to be contacted, but the first thing out of the FEO's mouth was an apology for the delay.

It's a bit of a different variation to the usual, but he was very happy to have a chat and I don't think that I will be denied it.

By the sounds of it Staffs should give lessons to other constabularies in how to work.
    Sounds interesting? Would you care to elaborate on your variation?, been waiting 4 months for my variation to get told that the feo has now gone on holiday! Well done to staffs, other constabularies need to take note!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    Sounds interesting? Would you care to elaborate on your variation?, been waiting 4 months for my variation to get told that the feo has now gone on holiday! Well done to staffs, other constabularies need to take note!

A 375 for self defense against polar bears on arctic expeditions. I've also asked for it to be conditioned for uk AOLQ.

I've had 2 previous trips to Greenland and I'm planning a kayak / wild camping trip to Svalbard at the mo. In Svalbard it's a lagal requirement to be able to deter bears and the advise to be well armed. If you aren't equipped appropriatly you may get picked up by chopper, billed, fined and will struggle to get an exped permit in the future.