Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Knives

Stalking Knives

For sale a couple of my handmade knives:

Richard Eadon (Dougster) stalking knife N690 steel and in new and unused condition, with handmade (black) leather sheath - shaving sharp. £155 posted, now £110 saving ! SOLD

Gregory Venters woodlore knife 01 steel - excellent condition, with handmade (brown) leather sheath - shaving sharp, £95 posted - SOLD

Over 18's only
    Last edited by tunskeen; 13-06-2016 at 20:47. Reason: Price drop

Price drop and bump..

Just a heads up for everyone that Richard posted on Facebook last week that he's unlikely to make any more, so they might not come up on here again...
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Just a heads up for everyone that Richard posted on Facebook last week that he's unlikely to make any more
    That is a crying shame, the guy made superb knives. Fantastic attention to detail, fit and finish. Good luck with the sale.

I'll take the Richard Eadon (dougster) please. Drop me a pm to arrange the necessary. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Just a heads up for everyone that Richard posted on Facebook last week that he's unlikely to make any more, so they might not come up on here again...
    Why'd he say that mate? Has he hurt himself or become ill? Seems to have a following on here, so I can't see why he'd just suddenly stop working on knives. Would be a real shame.

It does happen a lot though. In their keenness to impress, and to build a reputation, a lot of makers take on too many orders, their lead time extends, clients start losing their rag and it all just gets on top of them till one day they realise that they don't enjoy it anymore. A classic case in point is a South African maker called Gareth Bull. That turned into a big drama on the international knife scene! And that's why anybody that's sent me a PM gets politely refused.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Why'd he say that mate? Has he hurt himself or become ill? Seems to have a following on here, so I can't see why he'd just suddenly stop working on knives. Would be a real shame.
    EDIT: He's just told me he's gone back into full time teaching

He doesn't say specifically, just has these comments against a Green Micarta Stalker that he's selling: "as I wind this venture up" and "it's the LAST ONE for quite some time, if ever"

Shame as they are stonking knives... I don't use mine now as I have a Stuart Mitchell 4" MuntjaX
    Last edited by I. Farticus; 10-06-2016 at 10:46.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)