Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: little gem of a scope......

  1. #1

    little gem of a scope......

    picked this little beauty up recently

    6x32
    fine crosshair reticule
    Japanese glass
    still with original leather caps and in box

    bargain!





  2. #2
    Nice,very nice. I bought one of those In Glasgow when I was 16. Can't remember the name of the shop though. It's been closed for years now.

  3. #3
    I bought the same scope but in 4X a few years back in a pawn shop for $15. No caps but the darned thing holds a zero like it's glued into place.~Muir

  4. #4
    Excuse my ignorance, but is it, or were they, metal or plastic?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I bought the same scope but in 4X a few years back in a pawn shop for $15. No caps but the darned thing holds a zero like it's glued into place.~Muir
    I've got the same scope , or more accurately , had the same scope . It mysteriously ended up on my daughters Marlin lever. They're great little scopes .

    AB

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but is it, or were they, metal or plastic?
    They're metal

  7. #7
    I had one of these on a 303 for years....never needed to be re zeroed.....bomb proof, just like the rifle......

  8. #8
    my father's .270 still sports the same 4x32 Nikko it had when I first shot it 30 years ago.
    don't believe it has ever been re-zeroed!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    my father's .270 still sports the same 4x32 Nikko it had when I first shot it 30 years ago.
    don't believe it has ever been re-zeroed!
    These Nikko Stirling Special scopes were very popular in the 1970's and I wonder how much game they are responsible for taking? When looking something else out I came across my old 4x32 that originally came on my BSA 270. We decided that the fine cross hairs were not the best for woodland stalking so it was repalced by a scope with duplex cross hairs.







    Never noticed or had forgotten that is has golden rings on it. The now silver oval sticker is of course the Japan Telescope inpsection sticker that they all used to have. Shame that something has marked the anodising on the eye bell that was not there when it was put into the chest drawer that I remember. The dust and muck was quite thick so it needed a gentle wash and wipe down. The view is still clear though and have to wonder how old it really is.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    picked this little beauty up recently

    6x32
    fine crosshair reticule
    Japanese glass
    still with original leather caps and in box

    bargain!





    A little beauty.

    1" tube not 25mm?

    I have one too but with a German post reticle in gloss black.

    Good for V bulls at 300 yds.

Similar Threads

  1. Gem he mouth of babes
    By bambislayer in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-11-2015, 19:55
  2. For Sale Gem pro 250 scales
    By 1967spud in forum Reloading
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 14:49
  3. For Sale Gem Pro 250 Scales
    By 1967spud in forum Reloading
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-09-2015, 09:25
  4. Facebook Gem
    By Hunting Solutions in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 14:42
  5. A little gem
    By Sinistral in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 09:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •