Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: scope mine field

  1. #1

    scope mine field

    hi all im in the market for a new stalking scope looking for something with a ballistic turret in mid range mag was veering towards a swaro z6 2.5-15x56 with the bt "traffic light" turret seems a real simple operation lol, have been told they are problem prone,anyone incur an problems with them losing zero have been told a good few here in ireland have been returned for repair.(moderator vibration being used as a reason for it happening)

    Or has anyone got any recommendations of a scope something like this ?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by heymman View Post
    hi all im in the market for a new stalking scope looking for something with a ballistic turret in mid range mag was veering towards a swaro z6 2.5-15x56 with the bt "traffic light" turret seems a real simple operation lol, have been told they are problem prone,anyone incur an problems with them losing zero have been told a good few here in ireland have been returned for repair.(moderator vibration being used as a reason for it happening)

    Or has anyone got any recommendations of a scope something like this ?

    thanks in advance

    what's you budget?
    you will get a 100 answers on that question.

  3. #3
    Why do you need ballistic turrets on a stalking rifle. Zero 1" high at 100, and put cross hair on deer and squeeze trigger. If its over 250 yds hold cross hair a bot high. If its any further than that should you be shooting it?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by heymman View Post
    hi all im in the market for a new stalking scope looking for something with a ballistic turret in mid range mag was veering towards a swaro z6 2.5-15x56 with the bt "traffic light" turret seems a real simple operation lol, have been told they are problem prone,anyone incur an problems with them losing zero have been told a good few here in ireland have been returned for repair.(moderator vibration being used as a reason for it happening)

    Or has anyone got any recommendations of a scope something like this ?

    thanks in advance
    Have two of them and hsd mo problems although i do often think a simple lighter 6x42 or 8x56 would be better for my needs!!

  5. #5
    Check out the new Delta Titanium 2.5-15 x 56 HD. Re-settable low profile turrets, superb optics (on a par with Euro glass for sure). Tried one and bought it for one of my rifles and no regrets. Best VFM out there at the minute anyway. Top end performance, high-mid range scope. I've had no problems so far with holding zero and it tracks very well, but as above, mine is zeroed an inch high at 100 yds which is where it stays unless bashing gongs at long distance.

  6. #6
    I’m a sucker for a good scope. I checked out the optical quality and had to “upgrade”. I got a scope that is really nice to use; Meopta MeoPro 6-18x50. As soon as I could I mounted it onto the Steyr Pro Varmint 223, then sighed it in on 07/05. I started off bore sighting it in then went to a target (Remington Target from Google printed on A4 page) first 20m then 50m finally 100m. All up 20 shots with the last 4 shots. Bang on.
    Spotlighting just so good, clear, sharp image easy that is easy to identify objects and then target. Currently using Winchester 55g, accurate and devastating on foxes and cats.
    I like my new scope.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Just sighted in 07052016.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	69924Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fox & Cat image 07052016.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	181.8 KB 
ID:	69925

  7. #7
    The top scope makers have to differentiate between each other in the market place so they can sell scopes - so Zeiss have the best glass and Swaro appear to go down the line of customer service as their "unique selling point."

    With this in mind I would expect that Swaro would put things right even if the scope did have problems and so if your heart is set on it then you should probably just go for it.

    My recommendation for something else would be a good fixed mag scope from one of the big names, buy it second hand from a reliable source and spend the cash you save on going stalking. In the end buying more gadgets will not let you shoot more deer or have more fun but buying more stalking will.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/




  8. #8
    thanks for your opinions guys

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Why do you need ballistic turrets on a stalking rifle. Zero 1" high at 100, and put cross hair on deer and squeeze trigger. If its over 250 yds hold cross hair a bot high. If its any further than that should you be shooting it?
    Very good advice. Tactical reticles are for; Surprise Surprise for tactical use. Ballistic turrets are for those who have the luxury of time and are shooting long range. Otherwise just sight in using maximum mid range trajectory and shoot straight at em.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridfiat View Post
    Very good advice. Tactical reticles are for; Surprise Surprise for tactical use. Ballistic turrets are for those who have the luxury of time and are shooting long range. Otherwise just sight in using maximum mid range trajectory and shoot straight at em.
    Good advice there. I'd settle for a Schmidt and bender Variable or fixed, good all round dependable scopes find a decent secondhand one and save some dollar as well
    good luck

    phil

Similar Threads

  1. Field & longrange scope
    By jeff in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-08-2015, 15:48
  2. For Sale Burris Full Field Scope
    By blunderbust in forum Optics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 18:25
  3. not mine, but funny nevertheless!
    By bewsher500 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-03-2012, 21:29
  4. Mate of mine
    By Mannlicher_Stu in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-07-2010, 16:22
  5. two of mine
    By waldini in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 11:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •