Thread: Christened my MSch 1903

Christened my MSch 1903

Well first actual quarry taken by me with my newly scoped up 6.5x54MSch were three feral goats.
    Using the 160gn Hornady RN bullet, they all went down like they'd been hit by a sledgehammer & hardly twitched.
    Result!
    I'd been hoping to have the rascal sighted with a good load and managed to get it 'acceptable', and so it proved.
    Ballistically, the bullet isn't a great choice for long range...neither is the cartridge, but anything inside 150yds hit with this is definitely going down pretty promptly.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

SD Regular
    Using the 160gn Hornady RN bullet, they all went down like they'd been hit by a sledgehammer & hardly twitched.
    Just like it always had a reputation for a sure killer. Yet the numpties at the BDS lobbied for it to be banned under the Deer Acts as being too low velocity. And it was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Just like it always had a reputation for a sure killer. Yet the numpties at the BDS lobbied for it to be banned under the Deer Acts as being too low velocity. And it was banned.
    True of course & a disappointment that the bullet may not be used on deer in Scotland, but it is legal on other quarry and on deer in England/wales.
    However, the 140gn bullet will achieve legal Mv & Me in Scotland.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

I used one for 30years with 156 grain round noses. Shot everything with it and had good results, a cracking woodland round but it drops off dramatically beyond 100yds. Could never get a group with a lighter bullet despite many loads being tried. Shot mine out but was also getting head space problems and split cases, I nearly cried when I had to bin it.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.