New Kent police crime commissioner

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
The conservative candidate won. I am hoping that he will follow through on his promise to sort out the backlog problems with the FA licencing that Kent faces at present. He was to my knowledge the only candidate that mentioned this issue, plus he has said that he will cut his salary by £10k a year and put it back into policing. No other candidate mentioned any of the above.

So he got my vote.

I will add that the UKIP candidate was the only other candidate I considered, although after sending him a brief and to the point request about the firearms licensing backlog and what he would propose to rectify the present mess, I got NO response.

Kent police have always been very efficient and helpful with FA licensing but the central office seems to have had some major issues, one hopes that we will see some return to normality in the near future.

I have always since way back in 1979 been very fairly treated by the Maidstone licensing office.
Not counting the governments pistol ban which they only implemented.
Martin

I hope SM that you follow it up with a letter to Farage saying that as you got no response from the UKIP candidate that you couldn't be bothered to vote for him/her either. Interesting to see what Farage would have to say about it...and it keeps OUR issues in the politicians' minds.

Here in Leicdsetershire, sad to say, I sent my ballot back - I've a Postal Vote - unmarked as there was no "None of the Below" box to put an X in. Tory boke was a CPS lawyer. Well I'd sooner vote for the Devil than for a CPS lawyer. We got by a massive majority the Blairite Lord Bach. Another lawyer...but seems a lot of Leicestershire folk didn't wan't a CPS lawyer either!

I did vote for the UKIP chap on the basis that he seemed a bit more qualified for the job than all of the others, but I am disappointed to hear that he did not respond to your enquiry. I know they are working hard to clear the backlog but Kent Police have quite a lot of other 'issues' going on at the moment that he will inherit.
The real problem with the Police now is poor leadership, reliance on management skills, promoting ineffective officers based upon very imaginary competency based selection procedures and the fact that everything is based upon response policing rather than old fashioned policing skills.

The real problem with the Police now is poor leadership, reliance on management skills, promoting ineffective officers based upon very imaginary competency based selection procedures and the fact that everything is based upon response policing rather than old fashioned policing skills

Why, absolutely, I didn't vote for the Tory man in Leicestershire. CPS indeed! Too bloody cosy to my mind. The last guy, stood down, ex Air Vice Marshall. Proper sort of man management skills that the post needs.

Michael Lane (who won) got my vote for Hampshire and Isle of Wight. Why? Because he replied to my enquiry, supports lawful sporting shooting, recognises the financial benefits of shooting and agrees that the licencing system needs to be brought up to standard.
Now we wait and see.....

Frankly, policing should be totally separate from politics. For that reason, I will only vote for an independent, not someone who has the dogma of his party, whichever it is, to push. Although it's something that doesn't much affect me often, being the other end of the country, the same goes for the London Mayor. I hope those that lived there voted for who they think will do the best job, rather than along party lines.

Back