Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bussiness cards

bussiness cards

can any body recommend a free bussiness card software?
    Thanks

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    can any body recommend a free bussiness card software?
    Thanks
    Not free, but if you want nice business cards that you can design then MOO are really good: MOO | Custom Business Cards, MiniCards, Postcards and more... | MOO (United Kingdom)
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Try vista print, not software but cheap cards

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Not free, but if you want nice business cards that you can design then MOO are really good: MOO | Custom Business Cards, MiniCards, Postcards and more... | MOO (United Kingdom)
    seconded.

SD Regular
    In Word, under templats, I think, you see various listings of paper and label sizes. And reference to Avery business card product numbers. If you then go into that you design, on one of the dotted areas, one buisiness card. Then just cut and paste into the other five or eleven areas blank on the template. Using Word you can play around with typefaces etc.

My last cards, though, were Vistaprint. But, from memory, less typefaces and you couldn't isert your own images but had to use their stock images. End of the day you get what you pay for and the old fashioned family printing business (now mostly out of business) will give the best product. But finding one still in business may be a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    End of the day you get what you pay for and the old fashioned family printing business (now mostly out of business) will give the best product.
    I know what you mean, and at one time I would have certainly agreed with you, but in the modern era of printing on demand I doubt you'd find a small local business who could match MOO.

I've used them for business cards, mini business cards, greetings cards and postcards, and their quality, price and service are superb. Their website lets me design the card, import and position my photos on both front and back, format any text required, and then print mixed batch quantities that would simply be uneconomic for a small printing operation. As you might imagine I'm very picky about things like printing my photos, but I find it hard to find fault with MOO.

I've no relationship with them, by the way, other than being a very happy - and impressed - customer.

SD Regular
    That's what the Forum is about. Good exchange of views. Vistaprint though? Good, basic, but if I were trying to impress not Vistaprint. It says cheap, basic, functional. Does MOO do embossed lettering and pressed creased edges and al that "quality" finishing too? I used to use Brooks in Leicester. Long gone since the arrival of WYSIWYG and Word '97. Saw off all these local printers as everbody, in effect, became their own in house printer.

thanks for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    That's what the Forum is about. Good exchange of views. Vistaprint though? Good, basic, but if I were trying to impress not Vistaprint. It says cheap, basic, functional. Does MOO do embossed lettering and pressed creased edges and al that "quality" finishing too? I used to use Brooks in Leicester. Long gone since the arrival of WYSIWYG and Word '97. Saw off all these local printers as everbody, in effect, became their own in house printer.
    MOO do some of that, but they wouldn't be my choice for printing stiffys or similar. Because it's digitally printed the closest they can come is debossing, though that's of the card itself, not the printing.

For embossed print you really can't beat traditional letterpress, though it's a long time since I've seen a business card printed that way, much the same as In Memoriam cards.

SD Regular
    I did my mother's Order of Service at home on my printer, truth be told. Aged 94 pretty much all that would have come were already dead. Quote for printing with all the embossing and that for just fifty cards was 120 + VAT. Setting up costs with typeset or letterpress that's the problem.