beware brunell-999

CWMMAN3738

just a word of warning to beware of this conman on this site to all those using the classifieds section. & b4 anyone starts its not about the money thats a pittance its the principle.
this individual wanted some once fired Privi brass 243 i had for sale price was agreed £22 then it started but giving the benefit of the doubt i proceeded he was only willing to pay half now & half upon receipt ( should have listened to my gut then) but i posted it off to him only to get a message yesterday stating that " brass received i have put them in tumbler for 1 hr but 25 of the 100 are too dirty for me to use, im not paying you |& want my full £11 back "
my reply was please return all of them for a full refund then this was not acceptable he wants to return 25 keep the rest & get full refund even tho i checked the cases b4 they left me & the ones he says are too dirty are unlike any i sent him when posted, all this aside its not the money its the principle now i cant get any money or my brass bk from this conman so please all be aware of this individual & his conduct & in my opinion avoid at all costs he lives in Sidcup in Kent by the way so some of you might know him personally but the one person i know who dose has now also warned me about him. just thought id let you all know i have all messages for admin to see & advised him i will be advising them of his conduct. We all trust the integrity of those selling on this site & i have not had many problems over the years buying & selling stuff on here but it seems not all are as honorable as the majority of SD members.

just a word of warning to beware of this conman on this site to all those using the classifieds section. & b4 anyone starts its not about the money thats a pittance its the principle.
this individual wanted some once fired Privi brass 243 i had for sale price was agreed £22 then it started but giving the benefit of the doubt i proceeded he was only willing to pay half now & half upon receipt ( should have listened to my gut then) but i posted it off to him only to get a message yesterday stating that " brass received i have put them in tumbler for 1 hr but 25 of the 100 are too dirty for me to use, im not paying you |& want my full £11 back "
my reply was please return all of them for a full refund then this was not acceptable he wants to return 25 keep the rest & get full refund even tho i checked the cases b4 they left me & the ones he says are too dirty are unlike any i sent him when posted, all this aside its not the money its the principle now i cant get any money or my brass bk from this conman so please all be aware of this individual & his conduct & in my opinion avoid at all costs he lives in Sidcup in Kent by the way so some of you might know him personally but the one person i know who dose has now also warned me about him. just thought id let you all know i have all messages for admin to see & advised him i will be advising them of his conduct. We all trust the integrity of those selling on this site & i have not had many problems over the years buying & selling stuff on here but it seems not all are as honorable as the majority of SD members.

Very sorry to hear that - fortunately such episodes on this Site are few and far between.

If it helps, and you'd like some Norma 243 brass to replace the ones that have gone missing, just PM me your address.

Refund him nothing until all the brass has been returned. If he is unwilling to do that is his choice.
I have bought and sold scopes,rifles and equipment in this forum without a single issue. A pity some are not so lucky.

sorry to hear that Cwmman, thats good of you willie. Thats what shooting should be about helping each other.

After 1hr in a tumbler would anyone expect 100 empties to be spotless and how can brass be to dirty surely it just needs longer guy sounds like a d#ck

Don't like these trials by SD posts much but I have to say that this sounds like premeditated fraud to me. Since when did you only pay 50% for a purchase before delivery? Why he expects a full refund without returning the goods is beyond me :cuckoo:.

sad day fella,

i have some once once fired here as Willie says you need only ask,

ps: they will be dirty as I think firing them makes them dirty, and may need cleaning a bit before you reload them to get them dirty again :doh:

sold and purchased loads on here without any issues,

strange

he claims he only has a tikka 308 and 6.5/55?

Last edited:
Ive only ever had a problem with two people on here one for payment ( sent them sticks on approval which they liked but then made every excuse in the book and never paid for them) and one for a refund.
the non payment gentleman I've blocked, never want to hear from him again
the refund gentleman wanted a refund for bespoke made sticks and for me to pay the return post and started spouting the distance buying regs etc which don't apply to bespoke made kit. I was happy to refund and ended up paying the return postage as well even though he was in the wrong.
there are some tw4ts out there even though they have a firearms certificate.
havung said that I've also had the pleasure of dealing with some of the best people in this and other countries for my sticks and its those that keep it all worth while.

Tell him to return them all, and he's to pay the postage,

when you have them , send him the £11.

there is some tits out there mate,

why is he shooting if he can't afford to buy ammo,

lesson learnt mate, don't send anyone anything without full payment first

atb

kjf

Only had two dealings on the UK forum, one was for a rifle, went like a dream, one for a scope I sold , never got paid, I have had several dealings on the NZ forum all went great, one guy sent me extra money as he thought it was too cheap, the reason being its a smaller country and someone always knows of the offender, and you are not likely to lose your ticket for giving him a slap. :D

CWM sorry to hear you had this problem and thank you for pointing out the offender, i have bought and sold gear on here and never had a problem or complaint,99.9% of the people on this site are honest and genuine unfortunately you got involved with th .1% conman
please dont let it stop you from dealing with the rest of us
Cheers
Ray

I was selling a Zeiss Duralyt IR scope a couple of years back, an interested person on here then pm'd me for my phone number, after a conversation it transpired that he wanted me to send him the scope on approval... If he liked it he would buy it and if not he would send it back to me..., needless to say I wasn't having any part of that!

Thankfully the good people on the forum out number the scoundrels as trust is a big part to play and need it to make it work

I've spent thousands via this site, and everyone's been gents to deal with. Always saddened to hear about deals that go wrong.

Back