Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Pajero mechanic

Mitsubishi Pajero mechanic

Anyone know of a good Pajero mechanic who can diagnose the problem with my truck as i'm just changing parts hoping for a fix at the moment.

Tick over is lumpy with smoke but revs up and smoke goes but seems to be holding back on power.

Changed all the injectors and had new injector pump seal fitted, changed MAP sensor albeit not a genuine part as apparently you have to wait 2 weeks for a new one to come from Japan and for over £200

Had it diagnosed and this brought up that the MAP sensor was defective but the diagnostic reader showed it was working and also the timing control solenoid valve was defective but not sure where this part is on my engine.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    try the Difflock forum elmer,

the have a Mitsubishi section.

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

A guess and only a guess, timing out

Piston rings and liners worn. Can you smell oil in the smoke. At low revs oil burns on ignition, the more the revs the less oil to fuel ration and it clears. You got a friendly garage that will do an emission test for you.

Friendly garage just billed me nearly a grand but got it down to £500 but still the same as when it went in.

Vehicle is over fueling on tick over as smoke is white and smells of diesel but when you rev it up it seems to get to a spot where the revs suddenly increase rapidly like it was holding back, same thing happened on a road test when it gets to 55 it suddenly clears and its off.

Not using any oil or water

Google pajero egr valve ? could be the problem

Sounds like the crank shaft angle sensor.
    is the Rev counter bouncing around Bazza?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Hi Tony, Rev counter is intermittent, works sometimes then it stops working, someone mentioned the crank sensor and also that there is a little plate at the bottom of the pulley whis is held on by two little screws which rust and then put the timing out.

He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Anyone know of a good Pajero mechanic who can diagnose the problem with my truck as i'm just changing parts hoping for a fix at the moment.

Tick over is lumpy with smoke but revs up and smoke goes but seems to be holding back on power.

Changed all the injectors and had new injector pump seal fitted, changed MAP sensor albeit not a genuine part as apparently you have to wait 2 weeks for a new one to come from Japan and for over £200

Had it diagnosed and this brought up that the MAP sensor was defective but the diagnostic reader showed it was working and also the timing control solenoid valve was defective but not sure where this part is on my engine.

MAP sensor won't effect idle
    lumpy tickover is usually a timing related thing I would say
    if the smoke goes on revs that would indicate it is overfuelling at low revs
    if its under powered it also looks that way (timing)
    the diagnostic above would seem to confirm that

engine oil in the charge looks much more blue than the usual oil burner black stuff
    white smoke is actually steam but if its not using oil or water I would say its got to be fuel you are seeing

we had a pajero import that had slipped its crank pulley/timing belt due to the **** who did the timing belt having taken the pulley bolt out bit not tightened it up!

have you decoked the system?
    a good internal steam clean will only help

although don't do what this guy is doing use a plant mister