Thread: merthyr tydfil

merthyr tydfil

visited for a wedding this weekend and went away on the moors .near to some forestry blocks looked pretty deery .
    Any deer in the area if so what or is it heavily dogged ect. nr to pendyrn
    cheers
    Norma

hmm there's either not a lot of stalkers in that area and loads of deer or no deer and consequently not many stalkers
    Norma

I live in Merthyr Tidfil there are no deer here the closest is probably the Forest of Dean pity beacause as you saw we have the ground for them

There are a few reds over the top towards the Swansea Valley Sennybridge area all on trust land not much stalking just a few lads on local farms controlling them. not much chance of getting stalking company I work for doing a wind farm on the mountain a few pass through sometimes

ATB

Paul D

I used to whip in to a local mounted fox hound pack a number of years ago, we used to knock a big red stag up occasionally in the vaynor area which would cause a bit of disruption to the day, but was always a good sight to see, lots of deer in the port talbot end of the valley, there are a few muntjac being seen down towards the south side of the county adjacent to Caerphilly, but not a sustainable population to start culling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I live in Merthyr Tidfil there are no deer here the closest is probably the Forest of Dean pity beacause as you saw we have the ground for them
    Deer may not exactly be grazing the Gurnos or wandering around Dowlais top but they are an awful lot closer than you think Kai.
    The Welsh tend to be very secretive about their deer mainly because of the risk from poaching.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi 8x56 I know there are a few deer in certain areas in South Wales in including the red stag that was up in Vaynor ( my mate saw it regularly he works in the woods) and the group up in Sennybridge but these are only a few ,the nearest good size population as far as I'm concerned is the Forest of Dean and down in Port Talbot I've hunted nearly all the forestry blocks surrounding Merthyr with hounds and you might see an odd 1 or 2 and that's it regards kai

thanks for the replies lads shame as the countryside looks good if a little too sheep invested .
    friends parents have a small farm
    and I thought it may have been worth a poke around may take a foxing rig down though if we visit again .
    Norma