Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superglue saves the day (Again)

Superglue saves the day (Again)

Last Sunday Mrs Finnbear was taking our old Greyhound with her to the local shop, he likes to play at being her shadow, just at the top of our cul-de-sac two of our neighbours were chatting, one lady had neglected to shut her gate as she came out of her garden, as our Greyhound got level with this property, an extremely heavyweight Dalmation broadsided him & clamped his canines into his neck, flooring him, parting them quickly, she returned back to the house with an extremely leaky Greyhound, a couple of strokes with the hair clipper & a nasty wound was on show, luckily veinous bleeding not arterial, a quick clean & dry & out with the superglue, (not much veterinary cover round here on Sundays), just leaving the intial entry point open to act as a drain, took him to the vets this morning to get some more anti biotics as the backup supply had run out, £41.54p for a weigh & look!... wonder what a stapling job on a Sunday would have cost?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sorry to hear about that. I assume you will be delivering the bill to them?

Hi Kev, I will leave the diplomacy to the one best fitted for it, just happy that it was us & not a lightweight child walking their dog.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have had the situation in a public preserve this little snotty terrie came bowlign down the hill and attacked the cross breed who was only about a year old. This was the fourth time he had been attacked by little dogs for no reason and he went back and bit it on the head. Blood eveywhere. the owner turns up a dipsey women who says:-

Oh he always does that!
    I cannot write my reply here. Oh the cross breed is now 4 years old and strangly does not like little dogs now and his back goes up and he is ready for them now and he now weighs 80 odd pounds . So we try to avoid them if possible.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I would certainly be looking for some costs back from the neighbour.

We used to own a Lab/Bull Terrier cross, she looked for all the world a pit bull. gentlest dog I ever owned. One day she was attacked by a Jack Russell, which tore a pad clean off her foot. Despite that, she picked the terrier up by the head and shook it like a rat till an ear came off and she lost her grip. Both survived and that Russell never did chase her again.

One day she was attacked by a Jack Russell, which tore a pad clean off her foot. Despite that, she picked the terrier up by the head and shook it like a rat till an ear came off and she lost her grip. Both survived and that Russell never did chase her again.
    Sounds like a mexican standoff!

there i was thinking back to another incident where super glue came to the rescue and more than saved the day
    thanks to the good thinking of my good mate buckup

Ritch,how long before the repair started to breakdown?, Steve.

my vet has a consulting fee!!(insulting more like!!) it goes something like this.. hi vet my dog has a cut on her leg! vet replies..come in,ahh your dog has a cut on her leg!! that'll be £17.50+vat please it needs stitching up!! it will cost £xxx plus the £17.50!!! my reply,i think ime the one thats just been stitched up!!! any one else has a vet with a consulting fee?

having a couple of whippets, superglue is a staple part of the emergency medkit