Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big thanks to Jager SA

Big thanks to Jager SA

I know this has been done to death, but I had the time to take out my (James) Jager SA built .280 ack imp out at 600/ 800 but its was boring just x10 vball after x10 ? so the spotting disc gave me some sport , no cans allowed so I am looking forward one of James's custom made pepper pot brakes it can only help out with the recoil on my old bones

it was worth the wait and the lack of contact from him although I know he is a victim of his own making due to him just wonting to do all the jobs by himself ? So a rifle built to my spec to use as a light stalking rifle I just can't request any more of it , BTW the orange spotting disc was 4" so without a dial'd in load I was very happy to fill it with holes I am now thinking of developing a Amax 162 gr load just so I can play a few times a year, but as said this is my stalking rifle so I will not wish to put hundreds down it as some know I only keep a rifle for 500 rounds and I wish to have this as a keeper for some time to come ,I just enjoy it that much.

Thanks James talk soon re brake errr or tex errr or i'll send a letter wot ever you get my drift lol

I have to ask why only keep a rifle for 500 rounds?

so they have a better re sale value also the next owner gets a top shooting rifle not one they will need to spend more cash on ? may seam silly but that's why mty, I don't own crap shooting rifles and I would hate to think of selling a duff one on to another lad.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    so they have a better re sale value also the next owner gets a top shooting rifle not one they will need to spend more cash on ? may seam silly but that's why mty, I don't own crap shooting rifles and I would hate to think of selling a duff one on to another lad.

spot on Paul.

sounds a nice rifle bud, I almost went to James to have my 6mmbr changed to a 6:5/47 lapua but things have moved on etc.

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks bob my other one is a very nice sako 75 in 6.5x47 built by Gavin at Anglo another laser beam ,This rifle is now fitted in a target stock Mc mill stock for 1200 yrd target paper/etr playing

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Thanks bob my other one is a very nice sako 75 in 6.5x47 built by Gavin at Anglo another laser beam ,This rifle is now fitted in a target stock Mc mill stock for 1200 yrd target paper/etr playing
    nice Paul.

before my mind set changed, I wanted the 6:5/47 to replace the 243 and the 6 mm br but the br is so sweet to shoot that it stayed,

happy shooting bud. maybe if they can replant my head on a younger body I'll get back out there,

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

feck iam 2nd in line for that gig mty

Ok but that seems rather weird to me. I had a chat to James on the phone about a build but need to follow up on it as the specs I want sort of surprised him. If we get together and it goes ahead once it comes here it won't be leaving again so resale value is of no import to me..

My experience of selling custom rifles is that it does not matter if they have had 500 rounds thru them or 2000, the resale value is very poor compared to initial investment. If I were to buy a custom rifle second hand how would anyone other than a very experienced rifle smith be able to confirm the number of shots fired ?

Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    My experience of selling custom rifles is that it does not matter if they have had 500 rounds thru them or 2000, the resale value is very poor compared to initial investment. If I were to buy a custom rifle second hand how would anyone other than a very experienced rifle smith be able to confirm the number of shots fired ?
    Q/ Ok but that seems rather weird to me. I had a chat to James on the phone about a build but need to follow up on it as the specs I want sort of surprised him. If we get together and it goes ahead once it comes here it won't be leaving again so resale value is of no import to me..

I would agree but I won't sell snow to a snowman ? and I stand by the kit I sell with a full cash refund and I will drive to hand over the cash any place at my loss ! if thay are not happy or feel i'v sold a lemon ? maybe you have been rolled over in the past , most of the kit I let go is well under its value or even free .If I have no use for anything it go's at a fair price to sell be it a rifle or car whatever they are a things and I have lots of things I don't use lol ,bit of a magpie .
    Conure
    I Hope you get a bug hole rifle ,
    but at the end of the day the post was about the rifle James has built me and how happy I am with it, but anyone who knows me understands I like change I cant take it with me