Big thanks to Jager SA

paul o'

I know this has been done to death, but I had the time to take out my (James) Jager SA built .280 ack imp out at 600/ 800 but its was boring just x10 vball after x10 ? so the spotting disc gave me some sport , no cans allowed so I am looking forward one of James's custom made pepper pot brakes it can only help out with the recoil on my old bones

it was worth the wait and the lack of contact from him although I know he is a victim of his own making due to him just wonting to do all the jobs by himself ? So a rifle built to my spec to use as a light stalking rifle I just can't request any more of it , BTW the orange spotting disc was 4" so without a dial'd in load I was very happy to fill it with holes I am now thinking of developing a Amax 162 gr load just so I can play a few times a year, but as said this is my stalking rifle so I will not wish to put hundreds down it as some know I only keep a rifle for 500 rounds and I wish to have this as a keeper for some time to come ,I just enjoy it that much.
:tiphat:
Thanks James talk soon re brake errr or tex errr or i'll send a letter :doh: wot ever you get my drift lol

so they have a better re sale value also the next owner gets a top shooting rifle not one they will need to spend more cash on ? may seam silly but that's why mty, I don't own crap shooting rifles and I would hate to think of selling a duff one on to another lad.

so they have a better re sale value also the next owner gets a top shooting rifle not one they will need to spend more cash on ? may seam silly but that's why mty, I don't own crap shooting rifles and I would hate to think of selling a duff one on to another lad.

spot on Paul.

sounds a nice rifle bud, I almost went to James to have my 6mmbr changed to a 6:5/47 lapua but things have moved on etc.

bob

Thanks bob my other one is a very nice sako 75 in 6.5x47 built by Gavin at Anglo another laser beam ,This rifle is now fitted in a target stock Mc mill stock for 1200 yrd target paper/etr playing :D

Thanks bob my other one is a very nice sako 75 in 6.5x47 built by Gavin at Anglo another laser beam ,This rifle is now fitted in a target stock Mc mill stock for 1200 yrd target paper/etr playing :D

nice Paul.

before my mind set changed, I wanted the 6:5/47 to replace the 243 and the 6 mm br but the br is so sweet to shoot that it stayed,

happy shooting bud. maybe if they can replant my head on a younger body I'll get back out there,

bob

Ok but that seems rather weird to me. I had a chat to James on the phone about a build but need to follow up on it as the specs I want sort of surprised him. If we get together and it goes ahead once it comes here it won't be leaving again so resale value is of no import to me..

My experience of selling custom rifles is that it does not matter if they have had 500 rounds thru them or 2000, the resale value is very poor compared to initial investment. If I were to buy a custom rifle second hand how would anyone other than a very experienced rifle smith be able to confirm the number of shots fired ?

My experience of selling custom rifles is that it does not matter if they have had 500 rounds thru them or 2000, the resale value is very poor compared to initial investment. If I were to buy a custom rifle second hand how would anyone other than a very experienced rifle smith be able to confirm the number of shots fired ?
Q/ Ok but that seems rather weird to me. I had a chat to James on the phone about a build but need to follow up on it as the specs I want sort of surprised him. If we get together and it goes ahead once it comes here it won't be leaving again so resale value is of no import to me..

I would agree but I won't sell snow to a snowman ? and I stand by the kit I sell with a full cash refund and I will drive to hand over the cash any place at my loss ! if thay are not happy or feel i'v sold a lemon ? maybe you have been rolled over in the past , most of the kit I let go is well under its value or even free .If I have no use for anything it go's at a fair price to sell be it a rifle or car whatever they are a things and I have lots of things I don't use lol ,bit of a magpie .
Conure
I Hope you get a bug hole rifle ,
but at the end of the day the post was about the rifle James has built me and how happy I am with it, but anyone who knows me understands I like change :old: I cant take it with me :tiphat:

Q/ Ok but that seems rather weird to me. I had a chat to James on the phone about a build but need to follow up on it as the specs I want sort of surprised him. If we get together and it goes ahead once it comes here it won't be leaving again so resale value is of no import to me..

I would agree but I won't sell snow to a snowman ? and I stand by the kit I sell with a full cash refund and I will drive to hand over the cash any place at my loss ! if thay are not happy or feel i'v sold a lemon ? maybe you have been rolled over in the past , most of the kit I let go is well under its value or even free .If I have no use for anything it go's at a fair price to sell be it a rifle or car whatever they are a things and I have lots of things I don't use lol ,bit of a magpie .
Conure
I Hope you get a bug hole rifle ,
but at the end of the day the post was about the rifle James has built me and how happy I am with it, but anyone who knows me understands I like change
:old: I cant take it with me :tiphat:

Truer words was never written.

Now as the rifle will never see a bi-pod and will have Open sights................. usable ones as well as being able to use a scope Bug Hole groups are not a requirement but would not be turned down if they happen. MOA or under with various bullet styles and weights is the goal. A sensible one I think with a rifle that will be on the lighter side.

Sounds like you have a plan :D old school ? , if you can see it your hit it for sure, in my mind if the rifle is sound and lets face it most are but may be not .5 moa i like to know that any cock up will only point at the nut on the butt and its my fault and not the tool in my hand ? :norty:
looking farward to the show and tell mty :tiphat:

Sounds like you have a plan :D old school ? , if you can see it your hit it for sure, in my mind if the rifle is sound and lets face it most are but may be not .5 moa i like to know that any cock up will only point at the nut on the butt and its my fault and not the tool in my hand ? :norty:
looking farward to the show and tell mty :tiphat:

I doubt it will come to fruition this year what with James work load and a sudden change in circumstances resulting in a loss of income here so we look forwards to 2017 and a hopeful upturn in fortunes.

So this gives time to plan and discuss the whole idea with James. I have most of it in my mind what I would like but need to discuss if it is workable. Little things like style of stock and action to build on have to be finalised ;) . Due to the barrel contour desired to give the style and meet weight goals any muzzle thread will be limited to 1/2" UNF in size so yes it will be old school and more traditional than many he has probably built...................... assuming he wishes to take the project on that is. Until we get together and go through it he cannot say now can he?

I have another "Smith" in mind should this be the case who I can approach about the project. He is a little further away though.

good luck mty hope it all comes out in the wash .

I doubt it will come to fruition this year what with James work load and a sudden change in circumstances resulting in a loss of income here so we look forwards to 2017 and a hopeful upturn in fortunes.

So this gives time to plan and discuss the whole idea with James. I have most of it in my mind what I would like but need to discuss if it is workable. Little things like style of stock and action to build on have to be finalised ;) . Due to the barrel contour desired to give the style and meet weight goals any muzzle thread will be limited to 1/2" UNF in size so yes it will be old school and more traditional than many he has probably built...................... assuming he wishes to take the project on that is. Until we get together and go through it he cannot say now can he?

I have another "Smith" in mind should this be the case who I can approach about the project. He is a little further away though.

Back