Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muntjac in south kent

Muntjac in south kent

I spotted a Muntjac in my garden the other day and managed to get a photo before it disappeared. Anyone else seen one in south Kent?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	586.7 KB 
ID:	69948
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Well I am blowed I thought they would never come.
    Good on yer Malc.

I was told by a land owner there were quite a few nr Orlastone woods (SP) Near Cold blow

Bit late for April fools isn't it Malc?
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Too bad is a stuffed one....
    How did it disapeared? Customer colected?

Yes mounted for a customer.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Take your meds and keep out of the sun

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

He did well to get over the fence...

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    I was told by a land owner there were quite a few nr Orlastone woods (SP) Near Cold blow
    Hi Mate I meant to get back to you on that, have checked out that area and not a sign anywhere, spoke to the landowner who said he had only seen the odd Fallow.

The landowner said the lady with the dogs you spoke to from up the road was abit scatty but there you go, his opinion.

catchup soon,

cheers WB

In 40 years of deer stalking I have never yet seen a Muntjac from Kent. Now I have no doubt that the odd one is about, and I know there were a few near Deal some years back. Whether they are still there is anyone's guess.

Muntjac can only gain access to Kent from the west as the whole county is surrounded by the sea, and with all the major roads its going to be a while, if ever before they get anywhere near large numbers that I have seen in Beds and Northants.

ZEISS PRO STALKER.