Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning x bolt

Browning x bolt

Hi everyone,A mate of mine has just sold his old rifle and has had a look at a Browning x bolt,He likes the look of it and the feel etc.He wants one in .243 calibre,does anyone own a one or a friend? If you could let me know ill pass on the imformation gained.
    He didnt even know about this website but says that he"ll join when he comes back from a short break in the lakes.
    Many thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by J DAVISON View Post
    Hi everyone,A mate of mine has just sold his old rifle and has had a look at a Browning x bolt,He likes the look of it and the feel etc.He wants one in .243 calibre,does anyone own a one or a friend? If you could let me know ill pass on the imformation gained.
    He didnt even know about this website but says that he"ll join when he comes back from a short break in the lakes.
    Many thanks John.
    No issues thus far with the Xbolt I know of, ive used a .243 and it is very good piece of kit, one I wouldnt hesitate buying...10-10 for Browning from me!

i have one in .30 06, its a great piece of kit, with no problems,

Andrew

I have an X-Bolt in .243. It's the stainless stalker with synthetic stalk, cracking piece of kit. Fitted with an ASE Ultra mod that matches the barrel nicely, only aesthetics but I like it!

Always manage good groups and like the handling, I did my research before buying and I'm glad I did, the gun always gets good reviews and I'll gladly give it my backing. I know sportsmanguncentre are doing a special on them at the moment but if your anywhere near Lancaster Malmo guns are hard to beat.

I have an X-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .223, no problems at all, love it

Neil.

Just bought a 243 stainless/synthetic to replace a custom job i sold. It was a great rifle but a bit on the heavy side. The X bolt is good value for money and finished well. I have put one of the new Atec mods on it keeping the outfit nice and light.

Mine shoots well enough but gets a bit warm after three shots on the target and the 4th and 5th wander a bit. But the important one, the first shot from a cold barrel is spot on.

Cheers
    Redneck

I concur with what all have said. I have a .243 X Bolt Stainless and rate it highly. It nice and light, shoots straight, drops deer and doesnt cost a fortune. Kind of ticks all my boxes.

As Redneck mentioned the barrel does tend to heat up a bit after the 3rd consecutive shot but unless you are paper punching or have 4+ Deaf and blind deer lined up in a row then its not actually a practical problem

ATB

Pat

had mine since last sept cannot fault it .got mine from swillingtons .what ammo are you using ,getting good results with norma sp 100grn

I use 85gr Interbonds for Roe and 58gr VMax's on charlie

glad to hear the positive reports,looking at one in 7mm08 tomorrow