Thread: Urban Roe Buck

Urban Roe Buck

Spent three hours last night unsuccessfully searching my stalking ground for a roe buck but only saw a sika hind. I was very happy with this as it was the first time I had come across a sika hind on this ground. This morning I get a text from my next door neighbour to say there is a deer in her garden! Not unusual you may say given the time of year with the young ones looking for new territory. However my house is situated in a very busy Edinburgh suburb and is on the main road which has the Scottish record for being the most polluted. Could have saved myself a lot of trouble by just sitting with the rifle looking out of the bedroom window..... however I think the neighbours might have objected!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160510_130753_01.jpg   IMG_20160510_130747_01.jpg  

I'd class that as a safe background??

That little fella looks like he's waiting to be hand fed!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

We also get roe in the garden, and they seem to come particularly after I've had a blank stalk!

But in the garden I class them as something like domestic animals/ pets and wont shoot them. Even though they eat all my tulips!

Next door neighbor has asked me to shoot them (big house, plenty ground) as they eat his roses. To be honest, I'm siding with the roe.

It may be weird, but there's a time and a place. In the garden I prefer to watch them and leave them alone.

If cats had an open season though, that'd be another matter. Decimating the songbirds here.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    We also get roe in the garden, and they seem to come particularly after I've had a blank stalk!

But in the garden I class them as something like domestic animals/ pets and wont shoot them. Even though they eat all my tulips!

Next door neighbor has asked me to shoot them (big house, plenty ground) as they eat his roses. To be honest, I'm siding with the roe.

It may be weird, but there's a time and a place. In the garden I prefer to watch them and leave them alone.

If cats had an open season though, that'd be another matter. Decimating the songbirds here.
    I must admit I'm with you on this one. It just doesn't seem right to do it in your own back yard although I would not be as touchy if my backyard was a good few acres. The only thing I have shot in the garden has been feral pigeons but even then it has felt weird.

Calum