Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ammunition quantities at renewal of FAC

ammunition quantities at renewal of FAC

Hi guys ,had a recent visit from FEO (sons renewal) ,got chatting and there new guidelines (Hertfordshire) are 600 rounds each 17hmr and .22, 160 rounds 22.250 and all deer legal / big game rounds , even if you have more on your cert they are pushing this hard to reduce the amount of ammo held across the county,
    obviously "good reason" secures your request but just interested if other forces are adopting this stance to reduce quantities of ammo held ,

your thoughts or experiences please .......

Been doing it for years in my area try restricting you to 80 rounds of full bore, unless you can proof you need more
    home loader or professional stalker or other good reason.

Hi.Just had mine renewed with 1200 for .22 LR and HMR with 700 each for 22-250 and 6.5x47.Asked for an increase on the latter two as reloading supplies are not easy to obtain around here so when required buy in bulk.FLO said he would refer my request and it all came back suitably approved.Have had a FC for 50 years and it may have helped.Richard.

I've not had that conversation with TVP and on renewal they continued with 400 for each centrefire, and 650 for the rimfire
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

wow I got my first fac 5 months ago and was allowed 750 .22 and 500 7x57. regards SBM

I have
    .22 rimfire -200
    .22 hornet - 250
    .270 100
    So I can have more centrefire than rimfire. I'm not complaining. This Is police scotland authority.

Quote Originally Posted by ljs View Post
    Hi guys ,had a recent visit from FEO (sons renewal) ,got chatting and there new guidelines (Hertfordshire) are 600 rounds each 17hmr and .22, 160 rounds 22.250 and all deer legal / big game rounds , even if you have more on your cert they are pushing this hard to reduce the amount of ammo held across the county,
    obviously "good reason" secures your request but just interested if other forces are adopting this stance to reduce quantities of ammo held ,

your thoughts or experiences please .......
    Well you could start by telling them that they are not implementing the latest edition of the HO Guidance and ask why not?

Those involved in shooting vermin will normally be authorised to possess up to 750
    rounds

The shooting of deer is governed by the Deer Acts, which require that deer be shot with
    rifle cartridges of particular muzzle energy and, in Scotland, muzzle velocity and bullet
    weight (see chapter 14 for further detail). The Deer Act 1991 (as amended) requires
    that “soft nosed or hollow nosed” (expanding) ammunition, or in the case of Scotland
    ammunition “designed to deform in a predictable manner”, must be used for shooting deer.
    Deer stalkers will normally be authorised to possess up to 250 rounds of ammunition but
    account should be taken of individual circumstances, for example where re-loaders are
    acquiring missiles or where the shooter is a professional deer stalker.

Why do these people think that can impose their own personal agendas on FAC holders? Push back or be a pushover.

Hmm, well I've got 500 for .308 and 750 for 8x57 and 250 for .375h&h
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Gosh. I am in for a HUGE reduction in the ammunition I am allowed to hold if Lancashire ever go down that path...

357/38 500
    243 400
    .22 2500
    17hmr 600
    308 500
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?

Thanks for replies ,both my son and myself have larger quantities with shared condition and good reason so not an issue .
    I think many people when renewal comes up will face the issue of quantities as the firearms managers are pushing for heavy reductions to reduce the amounts held across counties ,reason for post was to alert SD members of up and coming pressure we all face ,also mentioned by the FEO was they will be trying to reduce the amount of deer calibre rifles held by one person ,again good reason and guidance assists with applications ,variations and renewals but be prepared for heavier questioning at renewal stages,