Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Docking my terrier pups

Docking my terrier pups

Hi All
    Just mated up my parson jack russel terrier to a border terrier. Does anybody know of a vet that will dock them without charging stupid money wilts/somerset/hants
    Thanks in anticipation
    Geordie

are these all intended as working dogs? if not it is my understanding that the practise is illegal?

Hi Kenny
    Are there any other type of dogs
    Geordie

Believe me, if Geordie had a chihuahua it would be entered to rats by the time it was 6 months old. Try Walters, McFadyen & Jones in Chippenham - 01249 653181.

Hi Geordie

If south of the Border it can still be done legally. A friend of mine recently had spaniels done in the north of England and they had to be micro-chipped and registered as proven working dogs. Assume that is just a verbal statement and based on the parents and the 'good word' of the owner that they will be sold to working homes (not sure about that one though). Not cheap mind, worked out at 50 per pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Believe me, if Geordie had a chihuahua it would be entered to rats by the time it was 6 months old. Try Walters, McFadyen & Jones in Chippenham - 01249 653181.
    Hi Rupert
    Mice by 6 months rats by 12 months
    Cheers Geordie

Do them yourself ,simple stuff its been done by terrier men since the invention of the working terrier .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Do them yourself ,simple stuff its been done by terrier men since the invention of the working terrier .
    And roe have been shot with shotguns since shotguns were invented do you still do it

vets will want proof of working...sometimes a letter from the landowner stating you work your dogs on his land, more often than not though an fac or sgc is asked for [but still doesnt mean you work your dogs]...some can require letters from all future owners stating they will be working the dogs etc....i think by now most vets countrywide steer clear for being struck off for missing something and so refuse to do it...

atb

WS its against the law but i am sure you can still rip the due claw off .Up here most of the terrier lads will only breed of bitches that bite off there pups tails