Docking my terrier pups

geordieh

Hi All
Just mated up my parson jack russel terrier to a border terrier. Does anybody know of a vet that will dock them without charging stupid money wilts/somerset/hants
Thanks in anticipation
Geordie

are these all intended as working dogs? if not it is my understanding that the practise is illegal?

Believe me, if Geordie had a chihuahua it would be entered to rats by the time it was 6 months old. Try Walters, McFadyen & Jones in Chippenham - 01249 653181.

Hi Geordie

If south of the Border it can still be done legally. A friend of mine recently had spaniels done in the north of England and they had to be micro-chipped and registered as proven working dogs. Assume that is just a verbal statement and based on the parents and the 'good word' of the owner that they will be sold to working homes (not sure about that one though). Not cheap mind, worked out at £50 per pup.

Do them yourself ,simple stuff its been done by terrier men since the invention of the working terrier .

vets will want proof of working...sometimes a letter from the landowner stating you work your dogs on his land, more often than not though an fac or sgc is asked for [but still doesnt mean you work your dogs]...some can require letters from all future owners stating they will be working the dogs etc....i think by now most vets countrywide steer clear for being struck off for missing something and so refuse to do it...

atb

WS its against the law but i am sure you can still rip the due claw off .Up here most of the terrier lads will only breed of bitches that bite off there pups tails :thumb:

This docking thing makes me laugh, you cant whip a pups tail off but you can chop half a baby boys c0ck off in the name of religion

And roe have been shot with shotguns since shotguns were invented do you still do it

Yes ,when and if the need arises. the last time was a Red stag in a green house he couldn't find the door

Why did you post up you original posting, if you didn't want a honest answer on tail docking, its not as if is hard to do most spaniel men will tell you that also .

the problem...crazy as it is is that it for an 'honest' answer it is still illegal.....no one polices it at the moment but i am sure as the bunny huggers tighten their grip that it will become more policed and peoples dogs will go if caught out!

as has been mentioned you can rip off its dew claws but docking is illegal:eek: that more than anything seems to surprise most vets...

its illegal in England too, unless you can prove, as above that you work your dogs etc

atb

Only in Scotland and he lives in England

Hi ws
It is still illegal for me to dock the pups myself in England and for the sake of a few quid (an alien concept in scotland, lol) it is not worth the heavy fine, being banned from keeping dogs, possible jail and the loss of my firearms and shot guns
Cheers Geordie

Back