Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fc leases

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north

Fc leases

Have the fc stopped advertising leases and just 'offering them to specific individuals ' or do you now have to register with them again like before?.....

It seems strange how for several months there have been no leases on their website yet I'm hearing of 'individuals' taking on new leases and offering syndicate places......

Am I missing something or has the open and fair competition statement gone out the window?...

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's noticed either.....
    Last edited by monarman; 11-05-2016 at 11:28. Reason: spelling

I would also like to know the answer to this. The PCS website has had nothing on it either. I have also heard of people being offered fc land

Surely the people to ask are the FC not us lot on here.......??

As this is a very informative site in regards to all aspects of stalking, I don't see why someone on here wouldn't have the answer. And just to add I have emailed the FC to ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1234 View Post
    As this is a very informative site in regards to all aspects of stalking, I don't see why someone on here wouldn't have the answer. And just to add I have emailed the FC to ask the question.
    I am sure the FC would agree with me on this one....

I'm sure they would prefer that everyone asked them directly about most things. But the answers given aren't always what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1234 View Post
    I'm sure they would prefer that everyone asked them directly about most things. But the answers given aren't always what is happening.
    Ah,i get your line of thought now.
    You could do a FOI request or ask your MP to look into it....

Found this from a google search

"All Forestry Commission tender adverts relating to England or GB are now on the govenment Contracts Finder website. "

Yeah that's for contracts eg culling. As I understand it the lease opportunity will still be advertised on the fc site.

the Scottish one is public contract Scotland.

����

There are very few leases advertised as there are very few created. Lease holders frequently miss cull targets and there is nothing FC can co. Contractors don't get paid if they don't make the cull.

Paying a contractor is more reliable and usually cheaper than restock costs following browsing damage.

Contracts tend to cover bigger areas so less are needed. It is then up to the main bidder to appoint sub contractors
    Last edited by slider; 13-05-2016 at 04:31.