Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

Picked up one of these at the Trading Post today, NIB. Gorgeous piece of walnut. Good trigger.
    I found 100 pcs of 30 year old IMI un primed brass in the reloading room but I can't find my dies! Guess a test fire will have to wait. ~Muir

These are great little carbines, CZ being one of the last gun makers from whom you can pick up decent wood and steel kit at a resonable price. Is there plenty of cheap mil surp ammo over there for a bit of plinking? Keep us up to speed with your progress on this interesting project. Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Picked up one of these at the Trading Post today, NIB. Gorgeous piece of walnut. Good trigger.
    I found 100 pcs of 30 year old IMI un primed brass in the reloading room but I can't find my dies! Guess a test fire will have to wait. ~Muir
    Always thought this would be a lovely little rifle for roe. Sadly it doesn't make energy / velocity requirements for roe deer in the UK.

I've got a 527 in .223 and I love it
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Agreed.
    Had one as my first rifle, home reloaded for it, as well as using surplus Soviet ammo.

Sold it to Neil (Hornet 6) a couple of years ago.
    Sometimes think I'd like another but have no "Good Reason" for it now - moved up to .243 and .308 and they cover my needs

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Sold it to Neil (Hornet 6) a couple of years ago.
    Sometimes think I'd like another but have no "Good Reason" for it now - moved up to .243 and .308 and they cover my needs
    Who lost his good reason almost as soon as he got home with it, it has sat in the safe unused ever since
    It probably is about time I advertised it, and all the dies etc. scope rings and moderator I have bought for it

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Who lost his good reason almost as soon as he got home with it, it has sat in the safe unused ever since
    It probably is about time I advertised it, and all the dies etc. scope rings and moderator I have bought for it

Neil.
    Neil, did you get it screw cut and the front sight repositioned?
    atb
    Richard

I feel a repatriation coming on.....~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Neil, did you get it screw cut and the front sight repositioned?
    atb
    Richard
    Threaded and sight mounted on the thread protector, but to be honest it needs doing again as once tight the sight is not in line.
    As I lost the permission it was for at about that time I haven't bothered to sort it out.

Neil.

[QUOTE=scrumbag;1114674]Always thought this would be a lovely little rifle for roe. Sadly it doesn't make energy / velocity requirements for roe deer in the UK.

With home loading it is possible to have it deer legal for deer!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    As I lost the permission it was for at about that time I haven't bothered to sort it out.

Neil.
    Sorry to read that.
    I know you had great plans for the carbine.