Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticks - it's looking like a bad year for them

Ticks - it's looking like a bad year for them

I have had Lymes and don't want it again. I cover myself in insect repellant - smidge, wash in insecticidal shampoo, spray permethrin on my stalking gear. But back from a couple of days up in the big woods of the far north and so far have removed six of the little *******s from me. They are tiny - less than 1 mm.

save using NBC kit, or not going up into the hills, and restricting my leisure time to concrete environments what can you do to prevent picking them up.

Only 6? What are you complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by jubnut View Post
    Only 6? What are you complaining about?
    One is one too many. I agree with Heym SR20, it's going to be a bad year for them again. Regards JCS

I wear wellies and tuck in my trousers while stalking it seems to stop them crawling up my legs. Also wear the lightweight gloves for the same reason which seems to work. However saying that, I had 3 of the little beasties on my arm after skinning the deer in the garage 2 days after it was shot. Out with the "Tom o Tic".

We are lucky where our Roe are, never seen a Tick / Ked in three years, but always put a water tray under the hangers just in case.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Up on the west coast two weeks ago and after a couple of days stalking came back to take 14 off the field crocodile but none off myself.
    The dogs get regular treatments with effipro so any that do get missed on rub down soon die off.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

There coming out in numbers now up here, pick these of the dog on Tuesday and more off the yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	598.9 KB 
ID:	70054

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    I have had Lymes and don't want it again. I cover myself in insect repellant - smidge, wash in insecticidal shampoo, spray permethrin on my stalking gear. But back from a couple of days up in the big woods of the far north and so far have removed six of the little *******s from me. They are tiny - less than 1 mm.

save using NBC kit, or not going up into the hills, and restricting my leisure time to concrete environments what can you do to prevent picking them up.

Out yesterday day and I have already removed 9 3 of which were this morning!. not that this is a pissing contest, but I agree they are minute in size and you are not going to see them with the naked eye until there is a wee red rash forming round them. Post stalk I removed over 30 from my clothing.

im looking at buying a full rig of Rovince gear.

Forgive the plug opportunity but Rovince is the answer, certainly not cheap clothing but money well spent if it stops the one Lyme carrier getting its teeth into you

Having been on the antibiotics a few years back and an appointment with a dismissive doctor (luckily for me test proved negative) it's a subject not be taken lightly.

Happy to supply SD members/guests - for advice on fitting & pricing either give us a call on the office line or drop me a pm.

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...stant-clothing

Regards

Rob & Jess
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Is the pricing different for the rovince work wear range ?

Paul