Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyd stocks

Boyd stocks

Just ordered a featherweight thumbhole stock from Boyds it says it will take up to 2 weeks to manufacture, if you have had one delivered to uk how long did it take from time of order,( standard delivery)
    cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray7756 View Post
    Just ordered a featherweight thumbhole stock from Boyds it says it will take up to 2 weeks to manufacture, if you have had one delivered to uk how long did it take from time of order,( standard delivery)
    cheers
    Ray
    mine took longer in customs than it did to get here bout three weeks in total - and i got violated on charges

Expecting the customs charges, unfortunately, three weeks is what I thought
    Cheers
    Ray

Ordered mine from Edgar Bros and it as here within a few days...probably one that they had in stock (pun intended!).

Yes took me 3 weeks to get mine and I paid under 30 quid customs

Quote Originally Posted by ChesterP View Post
    Ordered mine from Edgar Bros and it as here within a few days...probably one that they had in stock (pun intended!).
    Was it much more than the 130 or so to get it delivered from the States? Also did you have to ring them or can it be ordered from the website? I had a look but couldn't find them listed online.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Was it much more than the 130 or so to get it delivered from the States? Also did you have to ring them or can it be ordered from the website? I had a look but couldn't find them listed online.

You wont get one for 130 delivered from the states. They may be cheap over there but buy the time that customs take their whack, and you've paid for the courier etc, you can almost double that price. Mine was a little less than double that from Edgar Bros, expedited which is one good reason for using them as ordering agents. I called them looking for one, and they happened to have a cancelled customer order in stock but can get one for I guess anyone who calls them.

Also you need to factor into your budget properly inletting them, (they always need a bit for the best fit and clearance round the barrel) and also whether you want to have it bedded. I had mine milled out for more barrel clearance for my custom barrel, and Devcon bedded. That rifle shoots about .15MOA, regularly...the most accurate I've owned. The work to the stock is partly responsible for that.

Times must have changed then as the Boys stock I ordered from the states last year was 130 including the customs charges, $160 delivered and about 27 in charges this side of the pond. Luckily mine fitted pretty well with only a tiny bit of bedding required around the trigger guard which i did myself. They do say good things never last!

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Times must have changed then as the Boys stock I ordered from the states last year was 130 including the customs charges, $160 delivered and about 27 in charges this side of the pond. Luckily mine fitted pretty well with only a tiny bit of bedding required around the trigger guard which i did myself. They do say good things never last!
    mine cost about that a couple of months ago....

Yeah so did mine four weeks ago, took two weeks to come total 140