Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the market like for stutzen type rifles in the UK?

What's the market like for stutzen type rifles in the UK?

I had my .308 Krico FS and 6x42 Jena scope for sale here in Denmark recently, and was a bit surprised by the lack of response. I thought I had it at an okay price, as I had set it at about £380.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160428_222010.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	70089

I thought I'd better check the market, and noticed that rifles of this type seem to take a lot longer to get sold on the usual buy and sell sites.

What's the market like for this type of rifle in the UK at present? Is it like here, where black synthetic sells pretty much straight away, but the more traditional rifles stay on the shelves for ages?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I had my .308 Krico FS and 6x42 Jena scope for sale here in Denmark recently, and was a bit surprised by the lack of response. I thought I had it at an okay price, as I had set it at about £380.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160428_222010.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	70089 I thought I'd better check the market, and noticed that rifles of this type seem to take a lot longer to get sold on the usual buy and sell sites.

What's the market like for this type of rifle in the UK at present? Is it like here, where black synthetic sells pretty much straight away, but the more traditional rifles stay on the shelves for ages?
    Looks a very nice stutzen to me & I don't see anything wrong with the price. The market for 'traditional' is not as strong now & fashion has not helped the market in that way. The use of moderators and synth. stocks has pushed the old style into the background, but for me, I'd rather stay with tradtional.
    I guess it's on the shelf until a traditional buyer comes along, or someone wanting such a rifle in his cabinet pops up.
    Just for interest, is it a 1980's early '90's vintage? I have no idea about Krico stutzens.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Looks a very nice stutzen to me & I don't see anything wrong with the price. The market for 'traditional' is not as strong now & fashion has not helped the market in that way. The use of moderators and synth. stocks has pushed the old style into the background, but for me, I'd rather stay with tradtional.
    I guess it's on the shelf until a traditional buyer comes along, or someone wanting such a rifle in his cabinet pops up.
    Just for interest, is it a 1980's early '90's vintage? I have no idea about Krico stutzens.
    As far as I can work out, it's from 1976. Good point about moderators, they're very popular here now as they're only quite recently legalised.

Stutzen is the way forward. It's where Zen came from. A proper stalker will come along and buy this cracker- have faith.

If they were made with just enough barrel protruding to cut a thread for a mod I think they would sell better.

I'd love one, but the moderator issue puts me off and I think my view is shared quite widely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
    If they were made with just enough barrel protruding to cut a thread for a mod I think they would sell better.

I'd love one, but the moderator issue puts me off and I think my view is shared quite widely.

Blasphemy!!
    Go stand in the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Blasphemy!!
    Go stand in the corner!

What sbout a thread hidden in the stock?

Or is it the moderator you don't like?

Fitting a moderator defeats the whole object of the Stutzen it will also destroy the fine balance these rifles have.

Good grief- a moderator on a Super Stutzen?!! No thanks. Mods are dreadful additions on any (stalking) rifle, but on a Stutzen would be unwholly. What a suggestion! As incongruous as duct taping a scope to a fine shotgun!

I do apologise.

Sorry for any offense caused.