Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basc stalking scheme at hockwold

Basc stalking scheme at hockwold

Hi has anyone purchased a stalk on the BASC HOCKWOLD scheme in Norfolk? At 125 a stalk and 120 to sit in a high seat it certainly not cheap . Looking at the FC website the public have open access. So is it worth booking a stalk ? The website states there are no trophy fees ,are there many trophy heads to be take in and around Thetford?

CHill
    Last edited by chill123; 14-05-2016 at 10:07.

Blimey didn't know it was that price. Makes my prices look very cheap at 75.00 and no kill fees on Fallow or Roe in the winter.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I have just had a look at the scheme on the BASC website, for unlimited deer with no trophy fees it seems like it could be a good enough deal on bucks etc; especially for people without their own ground considering the price, particularly roe stalking, can be nowadays.
    Last edited by Mick9abf; 14-05-2016 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick9abf View Post
    I have just had a look at the scheme on the BASC website, for unlimited deer with no trophy fees it seems like it could be a good enough deal on bucks etc, especially for people without their own ground considering the price; particularly roe stalking, can be nowadays.
    I must admit I have not looked at the website. If this is the case and no trophy fees and unlimited that is a very good price especially on Roe bucks. Some one could get lucky and shoot a very nice head for very little money. I wish them well.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Spent quite a lot of time stalking Hockwold. In recent years deer numbers were right down. The SHC had it for a long while but FC policy changed and now BASC have it. At weekends it is a little bit like a public park with dog walkers, cyclists etc but then most FC ground is like that now where there is a local population.
    Personally I think the fees are far too high and the chances of getting any reasonable heads (if that is what you want) would be quite remote.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

I'm going to try it next week. Not too far from home for me and I'm looking forward to it.
    CH

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhopper View Post
    I'm going to try it next week. Not too far from home for me and I'm looking forward to it.
    CH
    HI Ch can you please let me know how you get on at Hockwold .Are you stalking AM or PM

Quote Originally Posted by chill123 View Post
    HI Ch can you please let me know how you get on at Hockwold .Are you stalking AM or PM
    Yes, no problem. It's a pm stalk but to be honest I don't expect much, it's just a trip out. I did my L1 and 2 with the stalker but haven't seen him for ages, more of a catch-up really.
    CH

Be aware the F.C. have a totally open public access nowadays, every man and his dog can go where they please, makes for challenging stalking at times nowadays, sadly. deerwarden

Article in BASC's magazine, they had an unproductive stalk.