Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargain.

Bargain.

Just got myself a bargain, pair of Khales 10X42 bin's brand spanking new in the box, the usual price for these is somewhere round about the 900 mark, how much did I pay? 550, are there any more? yes, where did I get them MaCleods of Tain is where. Gregor has laid his hands on some pairs through one of his trade contacts, he also has some more scopes coming in. They are foreign though Swarozski or some such thing .

If you get in touch with the wee bugger tell him that you heard about them on here.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Blimey Bargin.

I looked at Khales at last years game fair.. Was very tempted and almost got out the plastic..

I was looking at a mil dot with a nice variable magnification. I liked the auto turn off feature on the scopes too as I always forget and find myself in need of a new battery in a panic.

The quality of the glass and the workmanship I think was better the Swarovski although they are owned by them as no doubt your aware.

I'm still trying to decided between the Khales I saw last year or the Z6I and looking for that bargin buy.

Whats gregors email/url.. I may well give him a bell to see what he has.

Robbo25

Sorry my above should have read Illuminated Reticule

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo25 View Post
    Blimey Bargin.

I looked at Khales at last years game fair.. Was very tempted and almost got out the plastic..

I was looking at a mil dot with a nice variable magnification. I liked the auto turn off feature on the scopes too as I always forget and find myself in need of a new battery in a panic.

The quality of the glass and the workmanship I think was better the Swarovski although they are owned by them as no doubt your aware.

I'm still trying to decided between the Khales I saw last year or the Z6I and looking for that bargin buy.

Whats gregors email/url.. I may well give him a bell to see what he has.

Robbo25

Errr....

Appear to be 51 cheaper here.

http://www.birdnet.co.uk/binoculars/kahles.html
    Last edited by KevinF; 10-06-2010 at 16:48.
    KevinF -

Your right kevin it does look as if they are cheaper, but I bet they would not take a shotgun in part exchange . Gregor does shooters a good deal in general, I for one after many years of being a customer have never had anything to moan about. So maybe I will let him off with this one, the convenience alone is worth something. Macleods of Tain to me are convenient, fair and helpful, now if this is worth the extra 51 or not I do not know, but I do know that any problems I can walk in the shop and get them sorted without protracted phone calls and involving the Royal Mail. That was a good find for those cheaper ones though, they are truly excellent binoculars.

John

I'd second the above and surprised that anyone can beat him on optics prices.

He is a very fair straight up guy whether you are buying or selling.

There is a lot to be said for your attitude JAYB! If we do not patronise our local stores, craftsmen etc, we will all end up shopping off the internet. Which is fine, but we need somewhere to pick up our expanding ammunition, primers, powders etc.

Now to find a good gunshop that stocks rifles and all the sundries needed, I have to travel at leat 30 minutes by car. There used to be a gunshop in my local town, but it closed about 16 years ago. Now I have to go to Bromsgrove for my nearest one.

As for Gregor, I am a fan, he sold me my outfit and no-one could match it on price, and I did check on the internet and by phone too.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Now to find a good gunshop that stocks rifles and all the sundries needed, I have to travel at leat 30 minutes by car. There used to be a gunshop in my local town, but it closed about 16 years ago. Now I have to go to Bromsgrove for my nearest one.
    ft
    I can't quite get to Gregor in 30 mins but he is my local gunshop, when you live in the middle of nowhere, local is relative I guess

I can only second what JAYB has said. I have stalked and managed estates near Tain for the last 25 years, and I will say that I have always found Gregor Mcleod a very fair and honest man. Bought my new 270 cammo Tikka from him two years ago at a good price and my partner bought a nice pair of Swarvo bino's at a knock down price of 600 instead of the usual 900+.

Overseas clients of mine love the place, and on some occassions have spent a fortune in his store, and that puts a smile on his face everytime.

Sikamalc

Kahles 10 x 42 Binos

Are these Kahles bino's pretty good. I appreciate it's a very subjective question but does anyone have a feel for how they compare with similar sized bins from Swaro, Zeiss and Leica. I've been impressed with Kahles scopes in the past but don't know much about their binos. They seem to offer quality which is close to the big three above but for less money.

Cheers,

Bob