Thread: Minox ZA5 scope

Minox ZA5 scope

Minox za5 scope. Anyone using this particular scope. I'm thinking of buying one, but can't get to look through one.
    As the retailer Is many miles away. For a German scope the price Is very tempting.
    So anyone on here, has or did own one I would like to know what you thought, of this scope.

I have a Minox scope which is currently on its way back to Germany for repair so in a couple of weeks I should be able to tell you what their after sales service is like.
    The scope wouldn't hold zero and when removed from the rifle was rattling inside and I definitely hadn't dropped or bumped it. I am hoping for a good outcome as I have heard good things about their warranty. I have heard of people being sent upgraded scopes in return for lesser damaged scopes that had been sent back for repair.
    People also speak very highly of their binoculars.

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    I have a Minox scope which is currently on its way back to Germany for repair so in a couple of weeks I should be able to tell you what their after sales service is like.
    The scope wouldn't hold zero and when removed from the rifle was rattling inside and I definitely hadn't dropped or bumped it. I am hoping for a good outcome as I have heard good things about their warranty. I have heard of people being sent upgraded scopes in return for lesser damaged scopes that had been sent back for repair.
    People also speak very highly of their binoculars.
    I'm sure that your warranty claim, will work in your favour. How long Is the warranty?. Are the za scopes now discontinued.
    Overall how did you find the scope, apart from the issue you have with it.

Not sure what the current models are like but there was question over their build quality in the past.

SD Regular
    The eye relief can be very fussy. They have been discontinued for some time. Glass quality is very good for the money, but bear in mind they are built in the US or FE, not in Germany. There was a generic issue about build design/quality - for most they have responded well
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by penta View Post
    Minox za5 scope. Anyone using this particular scope. I'm thinking of buying one, but can't get to look through one.
    As the retailer Is many miles away. For a German scope the price Is very tempting.
    So anyone on here, has or did own one I would like to know what you thought, of this scope.
    their warranty is first rate. Minox uk are very good. I've sent 5 ZA scopes back. Took 6 weeks for return. On the last ZA I sent back I got a ZE back so good result. So I found out that ZA scopes are pants but the ZE range are a lot better. I've had mine on a .308, 7-08, .223 and it's going on my new .308 XBolt when I get it.

Thanks for all your comments. but I just shelled out a bit more and bought a Zeiss. Wait to her Indoors, finds out !!.

Hats off to Minox. I received an email today to ask if I would be happy to accept one of their latest ZX 5 scopes as a replacement for my ZA which could not be fixed. All good.

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    Hats off to Minox. I received an email today to ask if I would be happy to accept one of their latest ZX 5 scopes as a replacement for my ZA which could not be fixed. All good.
    Good customer service, anything you buy that's all that matters, I'm pleased for you,well done .