Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling to the Game Dealer

Selling to the Game Dealer

Hello all.
    Got my FAC in with the police just now having my mentor condition removed after having passed my DSC1.
    Got my trained hunter number, what else do I need to have in place before I can sell my shot rabbits and deer to the game dealer?
    My local game dealer is AGHE, sells meat both retail straight to customers and wholesale to restaurants.
    As I understand the legal writing, that means I need to register as a food business to sell to these people. Am I correct? And if so how do I actually do that?

Cheers.

Did you pass your large/small game hygeine certs?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You will now get a plethora of answers, but if you have your large and small game hygiene cert you can now sell to the dealer.

Excellent. Just what I hoped to hear pal.
    Like I say, the wording of the law made me think I needed to register, but common sense tells me they wouldn't expect some bloke shooting the odd deer would be considered a business.

unless of course I'm wrong!
    Last edited by .308 bloke; 16-05-2016 at 18:50.

Just give due diligence to your inspections, for your peace of mind, and public protection.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

cool, so just turn up with Gralloched deer, fill out one of those tags, hang him up and that's it I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by .308 bloke View Post
    cool, so just turn up with Gralloched deer, fill out one of those tags, hang him up and that's it I suppose?
    No, you will then need to haggle!

Just register with the local council, its free and very simple. Why break the law intentionally?

Here we go agin'