Thread: Surrey incinerator

Surrey incinerator

I live in Kingston upon Thames and while I have an email from the Council saying that it's ok for me to dump the occassional carcass at the local dump, I wondered if anyone knew of an incinerator within a close driving distance.

Thanks

Jeremy

Local Hunt Kennels or Knacker Yard will also do.

Got it thx. To be clear these are simply the remains post butchery. And thanks for the other PM's with advice. I just didn't want to rely on a council view.

The council i.e. their contractors, refused to empty my bin once cos of pheasants carcases breasts removed. Phoned them, said what is the difference between a chicken gone beyond best before date and they sent a special service to empty it. What a load of tosh. Now I always wrap them in anything. Out of sight out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by deerpath View Post
    The council i.e. their contractors, refused to empty my bin once cos of pheasants carcases breasts removed. Phoned them, said what is the difference between a chicken gone beyond best before date and they sent a special service to empty it. What a load of tosh. Now I always wrap them in anything. Out of sight out of mind.
    I was worried about that with some canada geese. Glad I bagged them well too.

There is a school of thought that, thats the best thing to do with a whole Canada. However I breast them out and they go in a pie with various other shot items and everyone who has had some loves it.
    Stuff for the bin gets bagged the neck twisted round and round then folded over and a small cable tie round it to stop any leakage and then pop that bag in another and knotted off, this way there can be no leakage of any fluid or smell. Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom270 View Post
    There is a school of thought that, thats the best thing to do with a whole Canada. However I breast them out and they go in a pie with various other shot items and everyone who has had some loves it.
    Stuff for the bin gets bagged the neck twisted round and round then folded over and a small cable tie round it to stop any leakage and then pop that bag in another and knotted off, this way there can be no leakage of any fluid or smell. Tom
    I curried the breasts. I figured if it was tough I could add more water and simmer for a few hours.

Simply bag it up and put it in the bin, you're allowed to for your own personal consumption. I've chucked dozens of carcasses, skins, heads out this way. No probs. Just don't put in top of the bin to save any hassle. tend to take a cleaver to it to break large carcass down.

Better still, maybe, double bagged and into the general waste skip at the local recycling plant?