Thread: Browning A-Bolt Coposite Stalker .223

Browning A-Bolt Composite Stalker .223

Hi everyone. Anyone heard or know of any problems with these rifles as I am looking at getting one. Just wanting a cheap foxing rifle that I wont cry about if I ding it etc etc Any thoughts on them?
    Last edited by Lucky Sniper; 17-05-2016 at 18:51.

I've had them in 223, 243 and now 308, they all shot PPU ammo to within an inch at 100yds

change the trigger spring to a lighter one, the trigger is adjustable but is still hard,

ive changed the springs in all 3 rifles and it makes a hell of a difference,

for the money ( bout 500 brand new) supplied with spare magazine, threaded at M14 X1 , IMO you can't go wrong,

so IMO there is nowt wrong with them apart from the trigger, which is an easy 2 minute job to do

atb

kjf
    Last edited by Kjf; 17-05-2016 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    I've had them in 223, 243 and now 308, they all shot PPU ammo to within an inch at 100yds

change the trigger spring to a lighter one, the trigger is adjustable but is still hard,

ive changed the springs in all 3 rifles and it makes a hell of a difference,

for the money ( bout 500 brand new ) IMO you can't go wrong

atb

kjf
    What springs did you fit ?

People said to fit all sorts of kits ( timney trigger kits)which cost about 30 from different suppliers,

i was lucky that I asked the question bout the springs and a fellow off another forum sent me some to try free of charge,

just pop in any engineers shop whith the one you take out and ask them for a few softer springs and try them, ( bump test the rifle though)

warning though mate, if you are not competent, take it to a RFD it will prob cost you 50 and you know the rifle won't go off when you give it a knock,

google it mate plenty of info on a bolt trigger Spring replacement

atb

flynny
    Last edited by Kjf; 17-05-2016 at 19:03.

I have one in 6.5x55 and for the money, it's great, very good groupings with 100/140 grain bullets @100 yards, I would recommend on to anyone.
    Is there a time and place for spontaneity?

I have one in 223,
    I have never tinkered with the trigger spring, I think its 100% without any modifications, but after reading Kjf post I may try to obtain a new spring just to see the difference ! Lol
    I would buy another if anything happened to mine
    Shoots 50g vmax homeloads perfectly

I had one as my first center fire and it was great for the money I had it for 5 years without a problem but now my mates got it for a nv setup and its killing loads of foxes , now he's getting the barrel cut down to 12.5 inch as a truck gun
    Its aways been a very accurate rifle and it still its clover leafs at 100 yards with the right loads but don't like sirria bullets tho apart from that they are well worth 500 quid new

Mine's a .270

I went out with money to buy a much more expensive rifle and ended up getting the one that came to the shoulder the easiest.

Easy sub inch @ 100 yards with inexpensive PPU all day long, with cloverleaf groups from a bench or bipod. I can't fault mine, I won't break my heart f it gets dinged, and having seen what this one is capable of I have no wish to revisit my original plan to spend more on a bigger name rifle.

Thanks everyone. Off to look at one this afternoom