Roe sack

ChesterP

Can anyone recommend a decent Roe sack that compresses or folds up neatly when not carrying game? I want to avoid bulky designs as the land I shoot is pretty rough going and there's a lot of snags and bushes. I'd be interested in any feedback on the Napier Apex as that looks close in design to what I'm after, and perhaps on some of the more compact Harlika ones. Ideally want something that would neatly house gralloching kit, compact bins etc. Not interested in big bulky canvas sacks.

Phil ogdens stuff is great, supplied by monarch country supplies on here,

its a big bum bag with 2 extra pouches, the roe sack fits in the bum bag, I looked at the Napier , but for 20 quid more the ogdens one is far superior, it will last you a life time

atb

kjf

Thanks guys. The Yool sack appeals as it looks like something that could be packed into a handy waist pack.

I've been using the Decathlon 'bodybag' for smaller deer - the bigger ones need to be recovered either in the sledge or with the tractor! It's only £15, rolls up small enough to fit in a pocket or bumbag, and is leakproof.

I find a pigeon decoy bag from jack pike complete with rucksack straps does the job plus its cheap and keeps the car clean.

Thanks guys. The Yool sack appeals as it looks like something that could be packed into a handy waist pack.

It's very handy & I carry it folded & tucked in behind a bum-bag. Because it opens out into a big square you can use it to sit on or as shooting mat too. The last time I was stalking I finished up sitting for the last hour & was able to wrap it around my GSP that was shivering with the cold.

its a big bum bag with 2 extra pouches, the roe sack fits in the bum bag, I looked at the Napier , but for 20 quid more the ogdens one is far superior, it will last you a life time

atb

kjf

+1

Thanks chaps. I've gone for a Yool sack and waist pack for keeping the rest of my kit . Got fed up dragging a daypack about as slingling the rifle was made awkward.

Last edited:
+1 on the monarch / ogden sacks. I have the Sika sack from monarch so I can take out a fallow as all my ground is carry out unless post harvest. Have carried two roe out before, sack was great, I wasn't! A mate has the napier waistband sack which is nice and compact plus perfect for a roe, which is what you said you are after. As stated, worth a look at the new waistband version with monarch as assume it is ogden made so will last forever. Buy once.

+1 on the monarch / ogden sacks. I have the Sika sack from monarch so I can take out a fallow as all my ground is carry out unless post harvest. Have carried two roe out before, sack was great, I wasn't! A mate has the napier waistband sack which is nice and compact plus perfect for a roe, which is what you said you are after. As stated, worth a look at the new waistband version with monarch as assume it is ogden made so will last forever. Buy once.

I have :D (see post #14 ;))

atb

kjf

i can't find it. I can find the release sack and ghillie sack. Am I missing something?

Hi there

KJF is referring to this: http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk/compact-waist-pack-roe-sack

We actually sold out after our review in the recent BDS magazine, however more stock will be in very soon - this will also be available at the Scone Fair where we will be sharing a stand with Andy & John from The Stalking School (Moray Outfitting).

Br

Rob

Not surprised you sold out...that looks like an excellent design and a nicely made bit of kit. Would have bought that one myself if it wasn't for the fact that I had need of a separate waist pack anyway.

Back